Eye patch?

Bring it here for discussions about REAL LIFE pool adventures!

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Eye patch?

Post by Concentrator »

In VP4 everything is in 2D, in real life it's in 3D. This messes me up. I want both to be 2D. When walking around the table and deciding the shots, you can remove the eye patch, but when you bend down to shoot, you put the eye patch on. Anyone tried this?

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Eye patch?

Post by Concentrator »

Celeris should put a Virtual Pool 4 logo on the eye patch, maybe give it away as prizes in online tournaments. I would wear it to pool hall. I can't afford to buy an eye patch!

Today I played real life tournament, I missed the long straight in shots. All other shots no problem. 3D vision is too messy!
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Concentrator wrote: I can't afford to buy an eye patch!
Maybe I will attach my old wrist watch on my face like this (no money for battery that died long ago):

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Superheroes use eye patches!

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

I tried this. I noticed that it was difficult to set the cuetip the correct distance from the cueball. This is the big problem. In VP4 the cuetip is always the exact same distance in front of the cueball, but in real life it's a nightmare getting it right.

Eye patch is no good. It's better to close your other eye when needed. I have started doing this often, closing my eye during aiming, especially on cut shots when the cueball is very close.