Weights in body

Bring it here for discussions about REAL LIFE pool adventures!

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Weights in body

Post by Concentrator »

I was talking about this 15 years ago on billiardsdigest forum. Right before Earl Strickland started using them on his arms. I haven't been ready for them until now. I notice I need extra accuracy on long cut shots, and need weights to hold me still!

I have old wrist weights at home and I tried them on my legs, but those weights didn't wrap evenly around the leg, the weight was only hanging on one side of the leg, not good.
Shin weights look better:

I ordered these UFC Weighted Shin Sleeves instead. I will let you know with results when they arrive.

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Weights in body

Post by Concentrator »

Arrived to post office! Soon I will go and get them!
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

On my way back I thought I forgot to collect the parcel, but it was in my backpack, these are very light! Will open the package now!
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

I put them on, they are very comfortable! Invisible too! I'm going to wear them to every tournament!
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

I tried them in the pool hall, they worked great!! But then I noticed that a weak spot appeared, I need weights in my bridge arm too! Luckily these forearm weights were included in the box, I will try them next time! These are so pretty, looks much better than Earl Strickland's taped weights.

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Ok I tried the arm weight in a tournament. It worked amazing!! I got comments like "Are you going to war?".

Scaring opponents
Opponent choked on the 9ball, accidentally touched the cueball etc. Another opponent scratched many times. They looked very nervous. My weight scared them good! Even if this weight wouldn't improve the game, it's useful as a scare tactic.

Improvements
The left arm was very still, I was slamming in shots I couldn't even dream of doing. It felt like cheating! I was like "WTF was that?!". I could shoot much harder than before and with greater accuracy too. Standard shots were much more accurate. I usually rattle in every ball, but this time I hit the centre of the pocket. The balls went where I aimed!

I could focus more on the shot now when the left bridge arm was out of the picture, I didn't need to focus on keeping the left arm still at all, it was already dead still. I could focus on the shot like in VP4! Using all these tweaks is making real life like VP4 where you get a straight aim. Imagine going to real life tournaments with the dead straight aim from VP4. These weights help with that greatly.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

The weights in my legs shows the most positive results because nobody knows they are on me. On the arm it just makes me more nervous now.

If I'm alone in en empty room, this arm weight is amazing, but when going to a tournament, it's almost like your very first tournament, you play much worse because everyone are watching. I think that's why more people aren't using these weights, even though they improve the game. Nobody is like Earl Strickland.

I went to another pool hall and played a tournament. Opponent was very nervous, he constantly dropped things, he missed many times with ball in hand, I have never seen anything like this! My weights takes away their concentration from the game, and this affects my concentration too by seeing them like that, and when everyone are looking and pointing fingers at me. I'm losing more than I did before, these weights will take some time getting used to, it's like buying a new cue, it can take months until my winning percentage shows improvements.