Glove - perfect for VP players?

Bring it here for discussions about REAL LIFE pool adventures!

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Glove - perfect for VP players?

Post by Concentrator »

I bought a glove 15 years ago. My hands don't sweat so I didn't use it much. I used it once or twice and didn't appreciate it. But now after 15 years of VP playing the glove is like a miracle! Everything was better, more consistent with better speed control! I was playing really bad without the glove, cue stopped too early and stuff, this was in a sweaty summer, but in the winter it should be better too. I will use it in the winter.

Why standard pool players don't like the glove is because it messes up their speed control, they need to feel the shaft gliding on their bridge hand and that's how they control speed, but VP players don't have this anyway. VP players don't control speed with feel of bridge hand, so a glove seems to be optimal.

There is another benefit of the glove, you can shoot much harder with accuracy! Some shots were impossible that now are possible, it's like getting a free speed boost, amazing!
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Glove - perfect for VP players?

Post by Concentrator »

I always used to miss hard long shots, but with the Glove + White Diamond cue tip I don't miss them anymore, I get an accuracy and speed boost so it feels like cheating! It improves skill but has no feel just like in VP. There is really no trade-off at all, because VP players are already used to this!

Real life players on the other hand, they hate the White Diamond tip on their playing cue because they can't "feel" the impact, even when this tip gives better accuracy they can't use it. This gives a huge advantage to the VP player. The glove is the 2nd huge advantage you will get.
All those years I have been practicing wrong! Now it's time to take the game to another level.

Real life players play almost blind with inferior equipment, trading off eyes for feel, but VP players play 100% with vision with perfect equipment. Maybe it's possible to get to a higher level than Efren Reyes, when using 100% vision and proper equipment. It's only with VP you can do this. When people discover the truth, the VP4 rooms will be filled with new players.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Since I started with the glove here are my results in real life tournaments (normally I never win).

1st place
3rd place
1st place

When I got 3rd place I became ill during tournament. Throat pain, fever and runny nose. Lost 10 straight games, never happened before. If I wasn't incapacitated by illness I would have won that too. Glove is like miracle.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

I am a bit confused. You write about the glove for Virtual Pool players, but you also write about real life tournaments.
What kind of glove is that, that you use both in real life and in VP?
I cannot imagine how you use that in VP, where you normally use a mouse and a keyboard.... :ditto:
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Hanterp wrote:I am a bit confused. You write about the glove for Virtual Pool players, but you also write about real life tournaments.
What kind of glove is that, that you use both in real life and in VP?
I cannot imagine how you use that in VP, where you normally use a mouse and a keyboard.... :ditto:
VP players who go and play real life pool, they need glove. You don't need glove while playing Virtual Pool.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Updated results:

1st place
3rd place
1st place
3rd place
1st place
1st place
1st place
1st place
1st place

Before I started using glove I got 9th place average, so the glove shows huge improvements.

Edit: I will just edit this post instead of make new ones.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

I changed my old Laperti glove into Nick Varner glove that costs half as much. This is because it will become costly to replace the gloves when they wear out. The good thing is that all the practice is done in VP, and only the tournaments are done in real life. This means that less wear is going into the glove. I still wanted to "downgrade" the glove, I'm very poor. Can't afford public transportation so I walk for 2 hours to save $2 on bus ticket. This means $4 savings per day! This Nick Varner glove will save a few cents per day so it gives extra savings.

http://www.seyberts.com/products/Nick_V ... 9-367.html

When talking about savings, the White Diamond cue tip is amazing! It doesn't mushroom, it keeps its shape forever! With other tips I had to replace every few months. Lots of savings here!
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

After the summer is over, the results are not the same. This is because the opponents don't miss like they used to in the sweaty summer.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Concentrator wrote:After the summer is over, the results are not the same. This is because the opponents don't miss like they used to in the sweaty summer.
I got an idea. Putting a portable heater beside the table will make them sweat! Legal to use in tournaments? I have a portable heater, maybe bring it with me and put it on MAX!