White Diamond tip - perfect for VP players!

Bring it here for discussions about REAL LIFE pool adventures!

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

White Diamond tip - perfect for VP players!

Post by Concentrator »

This White Diamond is a break tip, but I use it for my playing shaft (OB-2), thanks to Seyberts for installing it, normally they don't offer this tip for playing cues, so I had to e-mail them first. Today I received the new shaft together with Kamui 0.98 chalk.
I have a Moori Hard on my older OB-2 shaft and it mushrooms badly and feels very random and uncontrollable, that's why I switched to something harder.

When switching to White Diamond, some sacrifices had to be made to gain some strengths, it took away almost half the spin. Extreme spin can't be used anymore (gets miscue), but 99% of the shots don't need that anyway. I noticed that I could hit the cueball softer than before to get the same speed. This worked amazing because my accuracy increased! When shooting a few MPH harder my accuracy drops from 95% to 10% in some shots, but with the White Diamond tip it kept my accuracy at 95% because I could stroke softer! Suddenly I could make all the long shots I couldn't do before, this felt like cheating!

The accuracy of this tip is very good, I hit the balls centre of the pocket consistently, I never did that with Moori. With Moori I stroked the cueball and something random happened, I aimed straight and it didn't do straight, it was hit and hope even on easy shots. But with White Diamond, nothing is random, if I stroke it straight, I can be sure it goes how I want. This is like Virtual Pool 4! I'm sure the VP players will love this tip just for this reason.

Slight massé shots were very accurate, made the ball many times with position. This is like VP4 accuracy. I always played 10 times better in VP4 than in real life. But with this White Diamond tip, it has become almost equal! This is how good this tip is, it's like a miracle!

VP4 players use very small movements of the mouse when controlling speed. White Diamond tip gives a similar effect, you can use smaller movements in the stroke which results in greater accuracy. Your body stays more still because you don't need to stroke as fast. You will actually hit where you aim, it's more fun to play like this.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Re: White Diamond tip - perfect for VP players!

Post by Concentrator »

I see the future. All players will use two playing cues, one with a hard phenolic tip, and the other with a soft tip only for spin shots. They already have dedicated jump cues, so why not dedicated spin cues? Maybe with a rubber tip.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

This White Diamond tip is working great, I'm getting a huge advantage over other players, I won 5 of 7 tournaments so far. But in some rare positions I need extra spin, and the White Diamond tip won't give it. Drawing the cueball back more than 30cm won't work with this tip, I need to play position to avoid this.

I have ordered a dedicated spin cue for $42. The cheapest I could find, $42 is crazy price for a cue, I hope it doesn't fall apart. I will connect my other OB-2 shaft (with Moori tip) to it.
Problem is that 3 cues won't fit into my new Poison case, so I need to carry it separately. But it will be worth it. I don't want to sacrifice my break cue and make weak breaks.

I will be using:
Old Playing cue with OB-2 shaft and White Diamond tip (standard shots)
New $42 Playing cue with OB-2 shaft and Moori tip (only for extreme spin)
Old McDermott break/jump cue
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

OMG, my new "spin cue" gives crazy spin. 21 oz with dime radius Moori Hard tip, with Kamui 0.98 chalk. The heavier weight is really giving more spin. I'm getting the most spin I have ever seen. But accuracy is greatly reduced, especially when shooting hard. A dedicated spin cue is only good for soft draw shots, it makes impossible run-outs possible! But for other shots it's "random" and uncontrollable. Massé shots are crazy, only for show, not for use in matches.

Together with my new cue I ordered Blue Diamond chalk, I used Kamui 0.98 chalk previously. I love the Blue Diamond chalk, they have the same feel as Master chalk but with less miscues, I'm going to buy a full box of them next time.

Chalk testing
With Moori Hard tip I tried Blue Diamond chalk but got miscues sometimes, the Kamui 0.98 is far superior.
But with the White Diamond tip, the Kamui chalk feels soft and doesn't stay on the tip. The Blue Diamond chalk is perfect!

Best match
Moori Hard tip: Kamui 0.98 chalk
White Diamond tip: Blue Diamond chalk

It's easy to remember, put Diamond into Diamond! I'm getting a lot less miscues with the White Diamond tip now. The standard Master chalk was horrible, Kamui was little better, but Blue Diamond is even better.

White Diamond tip playing cue (pure magic!)
This tip is so crazy good I need to write about it again!
I have all weight removed from my old cue so it's 17.5oz. OB-2 shaft (11.75mm) with White Diamond tip, nickel radius. Blue Diamond chalk.
Oh my god, accuracy is at least 10 times better than with Moori Hard tip. Same accuracy as in VP4. I can play position for long shots, and it's easy to make them, almost no difference with close or long distances! With the Moori tip, I missed ALL long shots, I had to play position to get closer to the next ball, otherwise I couldn't run the table! But with White Diamond tip, I can just do a simple stop shot and accept a longer shot, because it's as easy as a short shot!
It will only be a matter of time until ALL pros start with the White Diamond tip on their playing cues, and use dedicated spin cues when needed (which is not often). Niels Feijen in his world championship final match never used more spin than is possible with the White Diamond tip. It's not needed if you play the correct angles. Most of the time you have two ways to shoot every shot, one rail with extreme spin or two rails with almost no spin. With White Diamond tip you can shoot two rails and still have more accurate position play, because this tip is more accurate!

I'm afraid when people discover this magic tip, they will beat me in tournaments. I need to enter as many tournaments as I can until people discover this magic tip! Win as much as possible while I can!