New Patch

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

mart
Bouncer
Bouncer

New Patch

Post by mart »

The new patch downloaded and installed yesterday, ever since then I haven't been able to play....all I hear is the intro music..no interface loads on the desktop.

I've tried repairing the installation but no luck. I have to reinstall my OS anyway as I haven't done so since I had this laptop a year ago so I wont blame the patch just yet, especially since I seem to be the only one with this issue. I like to give PC's a good clean out once in a while ..so, I'll try to reinstall VP4 again once I've Reinstalled the OS, then install the latest patch and let you know.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Patch

Post by 9balldotcom »

What to do is to uninstall VP4 before you format your pc and then do a fulklk download of the game and a re install.This should solve your issues.
Heres the download link http://www.celeris.com/ftp/Virtual%20Po ... .1.1.7.exe
mart
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by mart »

9balldotcom wrote:What to do is to uninstall VP4 before you format your pc and then do a fulklk download of the game and a re install.This should solve your issues.
Heres the download link http://www.celeris.com/ftp/Virtual%20Po ... .1.1.7.exe
I've done it now mate...thanks for that! One question tho.....what exactly is the point in uninstalling VP4 before formatting? I didn't actually do that but works fine now anyway...(except I lost all my progress which I thought would be in the AppData section dammt! lol)
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I thought you were going to format the pc cos you couldnt get vp4 to run after installing the patch...that why i said uninstall and fully reinstall vp4 fore you go formatting pc just because of it.
mart
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by mart »

9balldotcom wrote:I thought you were going to format the pc cos you couldnt get vp4 to run after installing the patch...that why i said uninstall and fully reinstall vp4 fore you go formatting pc just because of it.
Sorry I misinterpreted what you said....,I thought you meant to uninstall VP4 before formatting the drives....lol. Anyway....I found out what the original problem was.... its the problem I had in the first version of VP4 which was solved a couple of patches later if my memory serves. The old Online Armor (firewall) problem has returned with the new patch. I have to disable it to allow Vp4 to run.