side at lower speed problem

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

ingmu
Hustler
Hustler

side at lower speed problem

Post by ingmu »

The picture is from the video below. (Don't mind the gaps, it's random.)
The CB is going from left to right and really slow at this moment. There is just too much side after bounce.

Video's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoeVB6d0MIA&hd=1
The reflecting angle should be 50-50 (or say 45-55) at this speed, not so "amplified" in the picture.

I'm not sure that it's because "there is too much side left at this speed" or "low speed vs. rail bouncing physics need to fix."
But there is indeed some kind of problem here.

The RL video is below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhZj3xkyLas&hd=1
I'm not saying the RL video or my comparison VP setup is 100% right, but after playing a lot of 3c you obviously felt that this phenomenon doesn't exist in RL. Sometimes those shots were intended to hit soft to reduce the angle of last cushion to score, but I failed to do that easily in VP, it just spined out (of the route) at last cushion.
(Sorry for my poor English, hope you can get the point.)
Last edited by ingmu on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ingmu
Hustler
Hustler

Re: side at lower speed problem

Post by ingmu »

Here is another common example. The figure is not accurate at all, just a draft.

For 3rd cushion, there is minor reflecting angle difference, which is hardly acceptable.

For 4th cushion, there is a big reflecting angle difference. (I mean "angle" difference, not "position" difference on rail.)
It usually makes this kind of shots impossible to recreate from RL, or you have to make an (unreal) adjust on 1st cushion.