can't play on-line

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

szary75
Wannabe
Wannabe

can't play on-line

Post by szary75 »

Hello,

I 've got serious problem with my VP3 DL. I can't play on-line. When I try to connect there's info: " connecting to the game server" and nothing happened. I 've got XP proffessional with SP2, and Wi-fi modem 3G in PLAY ONLINE. The modem is without router function - probably ,(its Huawei E1750C). I have set the exceptions in my system firewall for VP3DL and for gamespy. The game didn't run even when I turned of the firewall and my antivirus, (avast 4.8 home). The next thing is that I can't patch my VP3DL with the latest patch downloaded from the celeris page. My game version is 3.3.1.1. and the patch I tried to pach the game is 3239. There is an information that "can't find installed game on HD" . I'm thinking that the patch is for DL version of game. After installing the game I' ve got VP3.exe file, not VP3DL.exe. Maby that is the reason why the patch didn't work or the patch is older than a game version?

Thanks for any help
szary75
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: can't play on-line

Post by szary75 »

I have check-out my modem doesn't have a router function. Why then VP3 doesn't work in on-line????
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Firstly your game is the correct version 3311 so you dont need to worry about the game not working properly.
Your problem is solely due to the wireless Dongle you are using which looks like a USB memory stick.

We have already had one person using something similar which would not allow vp3 to run online and it could not be configured.

You do however still have to make sure that your firewall windows or third party firewall isnt preventing vp3dl from running just to be absolutely sure.
szary75
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by szary75 »

Thanks for help. I hope that VP4 on-line will work on my hardware.