VP4: Invalid Serial Number

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

VP4: Invalid Serial Number

Post by deraltefritz »

Hi,

I don't know what's wrong all of a sudden, but I can't start VP4 anymore.
Was away a couple of weeks for a trip. During that time, I bought a second VP4 serial number, and installed it on my laptop (but it's crap and won't play smoothly).
Now I come home (only for 3 days!) and would like to play some VP4, and it starts immediately with "Invalid Serial Number". I get a dialog where I can enter my key (tried both my legit keys), but it simply keeps echoing that error. I have uninstalled VP4, deleted all registry entries under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Celeris\", reinstalled with MS Secutiry Essentials and ThreadFire turned off. Still the same error. This used to work before ... What's the problem? And please quick, I can't wait another two weeks before I can play some ! :-)

Fritz
deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Re: VP4: Invalid Serial Number

Post by deraltefritz »

The problem is no longer there. Cleaned all registry entries I could find regarding "Celeris", "VP3/4", and then I could transfer a key.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VP4: Invalid Serial Number

Post by 9balldotcom »

#-o