Snooker Recommendations

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

sigsky
Bouncer
Bouncer

Snooker Recommendations

Post by sigsky »

Playing Career Mode, I am ahead 57 to 38 and only the black is on the table but my opponent insists on continuing to play for 3 snookers. Opponent should resign if only the black is on the table and opponent trails by more than 7.

I have tried to play on trailing by 8 with only the black on the table. There was a situation where the opponent then fouled by potting the white in-off but the opponent was declared the winner anyway. Is this how it should work?

I am confused by the touching ball rule as well. Is it really a foul for the white to strike the touching ball first? I thought the touching ball rule was to inform you that you could play directly away from the touching ball and if no other ball was struck that it was not a foul. Maybe it is true that if the touching ball moves first it is automatically considered a "push".

I love the miss options in VP4, but I can't say the opponents are very smart about their selection of escapes. I had a game where I accumulated 136 points in opponent fouls from a snooker with 15 reds on the table. It was a difficult 1 cushion escape but my opponent insist in trying an intricate 3 cushion escape.

I dislike my opponents all of a sudden potting long shots along the cushion at sharp angles. Shots where the pros I see on TV routinely do not attempt.
sigsky
Bouncer
Bouncer

Re: Snooker Recommendations

Post by sigsky »

I blundered into an easy fix for the opponent not resigning when you have more than a 7 point lead and only the black is on the table. Just pot the white directly and you will win the game! Also works in VP3.

I have also noticed, at least in VP3 that when all the spots are occupied and a color is placed in the appropriate place, it is often placed touching a red when in reality it should be placed as close as possible without touching.