[VP4] Bug's

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Andreas Binz

[VP4] Bug's

Post by Andreas Binz »

Here is no VP4 Forum, i post Bug(s) of VP4 here in VP3 forum.

Ver. 4.1.1.3

- I can't play "Quick Play" ! I can go to Quick play / Skip (Train Recommanded) and next is freeze and VP4 error. Quick play does'nt work an my PC.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: [VP4] Bug's

Post by zwylle »

There's a known issue with 4113 Quick Play for new installations.
Try:
Uninstall VP4
Download and install 4114 from here: http://www.celeris.com/virtual_pool_4_w ... nload.html

Post by Andreas Binz »

Thanks.
I'm currently in a pro tour carrier and i cant find the save games folder.. its not possible to delete vp4 without save my carrier file. :strokeit:
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

If you just uninstall VP4 and install the new version you will keep your careers and settings.
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Or you can use my VP4 Utility Belt application.

http://www.ribenasoft.co.uk/vp4ub.html
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Andreas Binz

Post by Andreas Binz »

Ok i uninstall VP4 (4.1.1.3) and install new 4.1.1.4 but why i have in game "check for updates" ? Why we have the check for updates button in game?!
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

The "Check for updates" button is specifically for if you wish to check manually.
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Andreas Binz

Post by Andreas Binz »

I've check in game for updates but no updates found although 4.1.1.4 is available.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

4.1.1.4 is not a public release as far as I am aware, I believe it is for testers only.
DISCLAIMER
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

4113 has a bug crashing QP in new first time installations.
To quickly fix this, full version 4114 was introduced.

4114 is the current official release on the Celeris download page, it's what you get when you first time buy and install the game.
It was released as full version only. Only difference between 4113 and 4114 is this fix of the QP crash.

That's why there is no patch 4113 to 4114 and that's why check for update in 4113 doesn't find anything.

Post by Andreas Binz »

I've found a little graphik bug (shadow flickering) in location deep pockets club. My graphic settings is all max.
youtube
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

The flickering bug is known about, so hopefully should get fixed soon.
DISCLAIMER
Andreas Binz

Post by Andreas Binz »

Thanks.
Is somewhere a known bug list or someone like that?
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

lol

Something that I've just found.

The bug concerns about the players rating points. Noticed this one on version 4.1.1.3 on snooker pro tour career match. Wan't to increase your rating? All you gotta do is play a frame and pot the winning/last ball on the frame -> Your rating gets higher for winning the frame and next frame starts -> press R to replay the last shot you made -> You keep your new rating but it will also increase again during the replay ("another win"). Press R again if you want more points. And if you want even more points press R one more time. And if you are really low on rating points you can do this like hundred times \:D/ \:D/ :lmao: :lmao: :pals: :pals:
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

lol, I never noticed that.. Although winning a frame at the moment tends to give me maybe 2 points at most, :( The given points seem to reduce a lot once you get past 2300...
DISCLAIMER
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

polomint77 wrote:...once you get past 2300...
Seems I'm not the first one who noticed the bug, You just never mentioned about it hehe
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

LMAO !!!! :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
DISCLAIMER
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Minor.. but still. Game says its a touching ball situation (see the indicator on the top left corner of the zoomed-out pic) which can be clearly seen really isn't. Maybe the games graphics doesn't match perfectly to game mathematics/geometry?
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Some refs haven't good eyes, that is the same as in real life :-)
Andreas Binz

Post by Andreas Binz »

\:D/ you mean this "bug" is a in game random generator for referee wrong decision ? Hehe sounds good.

offtopic: english is not my best - is my english style okay or is it :gagme:
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Minor: "Save game" works in different way in trick/setup shot mode versus normal match mode:

- "normal match mode" player 1 vs AI for example": Save game -> set the name for the file -> Save game again -> click on the same file -> game says "overwrite existing file?". Filename stays .vpg no matter how many times it is overwritten.
- trick/setup shot mode: Save game -> set the name for the file -> Save game again -> click on the same file -> game saves the game but doesn't overwrite the existing file but creates another one with extra .vpp into the end of filename. If you save many times the filename could then be savegame.vpp.vpp.vpp.vpp.vpp
davemorgan09
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by davemorgan09 »

Playing 9 Ball in Pro tour mode. And the guy that im playing the Ball does a Jump shot on the 5 Ball. It is the lowest ball on the table and he pockets it. Only for the game to say FOUL Lowest Ball not Hit.

Have Video of the incident just thought id share this bug as i know this is messed up.