Annoying problem or bug in VP4 (+POSSIBLE SOLUTION)

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Annoying problem or bug in VP4 (+POSSIBLE SOLUTION)

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

vpeer wrote:Does everybody seen the lag when using tracking and pressing the space bar?
Tried to.. but impossible to notice. Because when shooting with spacebar there is no movement in the cue. When you press the spacebar to shoot, what the game does, its just shows up the cue and shoots without any actual cue movement.
Last edited by Fluke[FIN] on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I don't see any lag when striking with space bar and track lines on. There's no backswing of the cue, the animation starts immediately and thus is fluid.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Nice 2-3 combo on the second video second shot, ul thou you had the 1 as the ball on :P
I felt like a noob when i checked the video, but it's midnight here as well, so i got some excuse :) I wanted long shots to have time to see the balls, you viper tongue :))
thatdarndragon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by thatdarndragon »

I can confirm the lag still exists when tracking is turned on and shooting with space bar. It's most visible when shooting at full speed. At the instant you hit the spacebar theres a very brief lag, then cueball disappears then reappears about a foot down the table. This is also the point where the sound of the tip striking the cueball occurs.
Hope this helps. Really want to enjoy this.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

vpeer wrote:Does everybody seeing this bug also have unknown shown for the key assignments in the key mapper? To see the key mapper do Settings/Key Mapping
Yes, I have this one too.

About the lag: Without Vsync there is no problem. With sync on it looks like what snooker-players call a 'kick'. Just after contact from the cue with the ball, white jumps slightly in the air.
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Hi folks can confirm this works for me thx to Nick
Nick Clive Ok I think I've figured it out. Download 'setpoint 6.32' from the logitech website...u have to find your mouse model under support. Install it and on the first page there are 3 icons. Click the mouse pointer icon and turn off any pointer acceleration. Now go the third icon down the chess rook and enable game detection then untick 'keep mouse acceleration'. Worked for me.

Ill add i had to get the older 4.7 software because it wouldnt detect my marble trackball with the newer software

Steve
mart
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by mart »

For me the VPSync solution only improves things as long as i don't use any side or screwback on the cue ball... if I do, then the lag problem is still there. I also notice it when the computer opponent play their shots.
papagaya
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by papagaya »

Here is a video recorded and edited at high fps showing all the details. Hope it helps to determinate what is happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w0gx4k5co6b9z9/VP4hfps.mp4

On the other hand, after making this video at high fps I can confirm that disabling vsync does not solve the problem completely. It really helps A LOT and makes the game totally playable, but the main problem is still there as it can be seen eventually. Of course as I said the gameplay is much better in comparison with vsync enabled.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Yes, can't work for me either as my Logitech M215 mouse doesn't require any software and is not recognized by any Setpoint software I could manage to install. I also tried with a Microsoft mouse and the trackpad of my Laptop, same problem. I agree the problem is milder with VSync off but it's not gone.
I disabled acceleration too, i'll try a bit further on that path though.
Happy you're through, Mojo ;)
mart
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by mart »

I've had an ordinary mouse for years...just a black thing with no labels on it... so I was about to say that I didn't think it was anything to do with the mouse being logitech as I have the same problem with my mouse which isn't a logitech.... I didn't actually know what make it was...but out of curiosity, I just looked underneath the mouse and it is indeed a logitech mouse.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Guys, thanks for continuing to try things, any bit of information may help. This issue has been perplexing.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Who sees this problem when running in desktop mode?
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I do. I only play desktop coz it's more fluid than the only resolution I can get in fullscreen.
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

vpeer wrote:Who sees this problem when running in desktop mode?
Nam[BE] wrote:I do. I only play desktop coz it's more fluid than the only resolution I can get in fullscreen.
Me too. On desktop mode the lag is very visible and irritating. When I go to full screen the the lag problem gets better (the lag duration gets a bit shorter).

(Just as a refreshener I'd like to remind of 2 facts; The CO also has it and it does not happen when replaying the laggy shot.)
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Me too. On desktop mode the lag is very visible and irritating. When I go to full screen the the lag problem gets better (the lag duration gets a bit shorter).
So you're more fluid in full screen and I'm more fluid in Desktop mode ?
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Im afraid the logitech software doesnt seem to like my trackball???? so things havnt improved unless i can make the game detection settings apply which i cant at the moment,one min it worked now it doesnt im very confused now
Thing50
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Thing50 »

yes it reverted back to the problem for me. I found totally exiting the setpoint then restarting it did something positive.
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Nam[BE] wrote:
So you're more fluid in full screen and I'm more fluid in Desktop mode ?
Yes. Actually I was about to mention about this in the earlier post but did not want to make the things look too complicated; On past 2 days I've been talking to a vp4 tester who also has the lag problem. He said to me that he is getting the lag on full screen mode. We were thinking of what could be the reason that he gets the lag in full screen mode and I get it on desktop mode. Guess what? We didn't found any clear reason for this one :P

To be more accurate: The desktop view lag and the full screen lag is quite the same when Vsync is enabled. But if I disable the Vsync, the full screen lag gets shorter then the desktop view lag.
Last edited by Fluke[FIN] on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Guys, look at this post and try the solution proposed:
http://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4/po ... 4560548652
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

vpeer wrote:Guys, look at this post and try the solution proposed:
http://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4/po ... 4560548652

Hi i already posted it here look a few posts back :)
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Nam[BE] wrote:Yes, can't work for me either as my Logitech M215 mouse doesn't require any software and is not recognized by any Setpoint software I could manage to install. I also tried with a Microsoft mouse and the trackpad of my Laptop, same problem. I agree the problem is milder with VSync off but it's not gone.
Try the 4.7 software i can send it you if you like to try :)
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

I didnt find setpoint 6.32 for my mouse: The mouse which Im using is Logitech M505. And when I searched for it on logitech site it seems the product is discontinued. I pressed "check for updated" on my current version of setpoint, it said I'm already using the most latest version for my mouse. Current version is:

Control Center version: 4.80.103
Driver version: 4.82.11

What I did try next was I shut the whole Logitech software down and checked from the task manager that there are no any setpoint.exe or similiar still running. Didnt have any effect on the shot lag bug.

This is quite a weird problem because some of us gets it fixed by updating mouse drivers, but lets remember the fact from the posts earlier: the CO also has the bug, which means it shouldnt be mouse related?

Edit: the CO has the shot lag bug even if you put the demo mode on the main menu so there shouldnt be any human player interference inte game
Last edited by Fluke[FIN] on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

mojoicus wrote:
Nam[BE] wrote:Yes, can't work for me either as my Logitech M215 mouse doesn't require any software and is not recognized by any Setpoint software I could manage to install. I also tried with a Microsoft mouse and the trackpad of my Laptop, same problem. I agree the problem is milder with VSync off but it's not gone.
Try the 4.7 software i can send it you if you like to try :)
I don't mind trying, I'll download it somewhere else than on logitech site. The 6.32 version, as will probably 4.7, has not detected any mouse as it's not supposed to be used with any software (no buttons, simple mouse). Anyway, as I said before, I also tried with a Microsoft mouse and with the trackpad (Synaptics) of my laptop.
papagaya
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by papagaya »

In desktop mode It also happens to me. And about the mouse, mine is gigabyte, and more people are experiencing the problem with generic ones and trackpads.
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Certainly seems to be an in game problem if its happening to com opps but very weird its not there on replays ???