Annoying problem or bug in VP4 (+POSSIBLE SOLUTION)

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Re: Annoying problem or bug in VP4 (+POSSIBLE SOLUTION)

Post by Concentrator »

Setting sounds to 0 didn't fix it. Anyone tried re-install?
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Can you try going to Control Panel/Sound and completely disabling the sound device, then run VP4.
sigsky
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by sigsky »

I tempted to try installing to my laptop. Maybe tomorrow
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Havent tried re-install it yet..

But something which might give a slight hint wheres the bug coming from.. I just verified this: take a shot (youll get the lag). Then press R to replay it. Set replay speed to 1 to see the replay in natural speed. No matter how many times I tried it it was always the replay which was lacking the lag-bug and the actual stroke did have it.
thatdarndragon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by thatdarndragon »

I would like to confirm that disabling the sound device in device manager had no effect on this glitch. (for me)
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Well replay pretty much takes the sound issue out of the equation because if you do replay at full speed there is sound.
But it also can't be the mouse as the CO has it.
Thanks that give more clues.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Can somebody try this please:
Right click on the VP4 desktop icon, select Properties, Compatibility and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Let me know if that corrects the issue
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

vpeer wrote:Can somebody try this please:
Right click on the VP4 desktop icon, select Properties, Compatibility and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Let me know if that corrects the issue
Tried it Steve no difference at all for me but i can confirm it doesnt happen in replay
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Hi, coming back from work.
I tried everything above and confirm all comments.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Does everybody seeing this bug also have unknown shown for the key assignments in the key mapper? To see the key mapper do Settings/Key Mapping
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Not me. Key mapping works fine, except it crashed twice in the beginning when I assigned an already used key and then tried to change the old function to a new key.
Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Concentrator »

Tried all above, still doesn't work.

Key assignments doesn't show unknown.
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

I got it fixed.. it was the Vsync. As suggested here I tried to turn it off yesterday but I was running the game on desktop window mode so it didnt make any difference (I guess, ??). Now set the game to full screen, went to graphic settings to set the Vsync to OFF and VP4 gave me a message that the game restart is required for this setting. Restarted the game and started a quick match... wow how smooth the shot was, didn't have that shot lag anymore :)

But still the lag bug (in desktop window) mode should definitely be fixed because I like the windowed mode so much.

EDIT:

Argh its still there. Its way better now, even when the lag is still there but its a lot shorter. But I can see the cue to stop before the contact.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I found a way to mitigate the issue, though it's still not smooth : I changed the power settings of my computer to normal instead of performance. I would have thought performance mode performed better... ](*,)
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

It certainly needs fixing as its making it hard to judge power on precise shots ive tries mouse settings sound settings graphic settings nothing is helping :( other than that im lovinh the tourny career mode its ace :),and rail shots are harder much harder to power a shot it but its growing on me big time i love it
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Can you look closely and tell me if the hit on the cue ball is delayed and then everything is normal or do the balls jump some when the animation start. For example shoot a medium speed straight in shot. If there is a delay on the hit the object ball will animate from the starting position. If there is a delay then the object ball will jump like it started forward from the collision, then would animation smoothly. Since this is frame by frame animation the object ball should move about the same amount each frame, if it jumps on the first one I need to know.
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

Id say its like the hit on the cueball is delayed but i stand to be corrected my eyes arnt the best
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Can you try it with the Action Camera set to Follow Ball, might be easier to see that way.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I would say there's a delay before hitting the cue ball and then normal. Here's a video with an interesting POV (no pron !) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9368822/vp4%202 ... -31-24.avi
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

And here's one with follow ball enabled : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9368822/vp4%202 ... -10-93.avi
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Nam[BE] wrote:And here's one with follow ball enabled : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9368822/vp4%202 ... -10-93.avi
:-k

Where's the lag on the second shot (at 00:20)? I had to replay like 10 times and look very carefully and didn't notice it. On the first shot in the begining of the video the lag definitely exists. The second shot was a shot with slower pace than the first one -shooting force raleted too?.. cant be pace related because if you press R to replay the first shot, the bug is not there anymore.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

The second video was more for the follow ball feature and indeed the second shot looks very fluid. Did you check the first video with the side point of view?
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

It is hard for me to see lag here, not like on the other video you posted with the camera view not following.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

Does everybody seen the lag when using tracking and pressing the space bar?
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Nam[BE] wrote:The second video was more for the follow ball feature and indeed the second shot looks very fluid. Did you check the first video with the side point of view?
Nice 2-3 combo on the second video second shot, ul thou you had the 1 as the ball on :P