VP3 is FULL of BUGS

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

dumbfounded
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP3 is FULL of BUGS

Post by dumbfounded »

I have been playing VP3 for the past 4 days and have played over 500 games of pool !! The program is Full of BUGS !!

1. When you start to shoot (sometimes) you push the Button and the cue stick moves. You do NOT get a Chance to shoot the ball!!

2. The AI Computer Players NEVER Break the Balls. They always MISS the Rack Balls.

3. The ball you are shooting at leaves the Table TOO MUCH!! It is Really Stupid to make a pool game like this !!

4. The Ghost Ball is NOT correct!!! It gives you False Information on where to hit the ball to make the shot.

Now I Read in a Topic where they are talking about making VP4 !! Well, When I was growing up I was told time and time again to finish what you STARTED BEFORE you start something else !!

Other posts that I have Read told about people that have formatted their hard drives, or changed computer and their serial # will not work any more. This is not one post but a ton of posts from a LOT of different people that has paid good money to Buy the Program.

Sure you got Good Reviews. How did you get them. Did you PAY the reviewers to give you a good Review? If they played the game then they should KNOW about all the Bugs in the program!!!

You got my $21.95 but one thing I can assure you of is you will not get one cent more out of me. I learned my lesson. I am also going to POST all over the Internet what kind of program VP3 is Really.

Besides if the company owners had ANY Business sense about them at all then they would know that the REAL MONEY is REPEAT Business.

Think about it. How many people that paid for the program do you think will pay for another UPGRADE like VP4!! The only customers you will get is ones that has not been to this forum and seen all the Bad Feedback the program has gotten!!

I can't stop EVERYBODY from buying the program but I can sure stop a LOT of people from getting RIPPED-OFF !!

The program has Great Graphics, Great Features if they just worked Correctly. You would have you a Gold Mine. However, with the Birdbrain the programmers seem to have I don't think they Know this !!

They have let the PROGRAM go to POT !! They could care less about their paying customers !! I for one will NEVER Buy anything from Celeris again. ANY TYPE of Computer Program !! If they have this much problems with one program and can't fix the Bugs then Just think about the other programs that are most likely just like VP3 !!!

I am 65 yrs old and have been in pool halls all my life !! I know what I am talking about and I will spread the Word far and wide you can count on that !!

Dumbfounded ( Why are People so STUPID )

This Forum is almost DEAD anyway !! No one comes here any more.

If you want a Really Good Pool Game Buy "Live Pool 2" !! I have been playing Live Pool 2 for over 2 yrs now and have not found one Bug in the Program !! The serial # is not hard to get a new one if you Re-format your HD or change Computers.
The game don't have as many features as VP3 does but what is the use of having a ton of features if half of them don't work correctly !!
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Re: VP3 is FULL of BUGS

Post by DARKH0RSE »

Poppy lolipop
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

1 less idiot to worry about. goodbye and good riddance.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

dumbfounded wrote:I have been playing VP3 for the past 4 days and have played over 500 games of pool !! The program is Full of BUGS !!
Clearly not long enough!!

1. When you start to shoot (sometimes) you push the Button and the cue stick moves. You do NOT get a Chance to shoot the ball!!
Reassign buttons to your mouse then.

2. The AI Computer Players NEVER Break the Balls. They always MISS the Rack Balls.
Why play AI players get online.

3. The ball you are shooting at leaves the Table TOO MUCH!! It is Really Stupid to make a pool game like this !!
Dont hit it so bleedin hard then....

4. The Ghost Ball is NOT correct!!! It gives you False Information on where to hit the ball to make the shot.
no ones uses ghost ball, again get online and play then you'll change your outlook.

Now I Read in a Topic where they are talking about making VP4 !! Well, When I was growing up I was told time and time again to finish what you STARTED BEFORE you start something else !!
Bet youll try it when its released as it will be free to try!!!!

Other posts that I have Read told about people that have formatted their hard drives, or changed computer and their serial # will not work any more. This is not one post but a ton of posts from a LOT of different people that has paid good money to Buy the Program.
If you request correctly you'll get code, most issues generally get sorted.

Sure you got Good Reviews. How did you get them. Did you PAY the reviewers to give you a good Review? If they played the game then they should KNOW about all the Bugs in the program!!!
No need to pay.

You got my $21.95 but one thing I can assure you of is you will not get one cent more out of me. I learned my lesson. I am also going to POST all over the Internet what kind of program VP3 is Really.
If you had asked you could have got a discount code which would have reduced your payout to $9.99 lol....

Besides if the company owners had ANY Business sense about them at all then they would know that the REAL MONEY is REPEAT Business. :knob:

Think about it. How many people that paid for the program do you think will pay for another UPGRADE like VP4!! The only customers you will get is ones that has not been to this forum and seen all the Bad Feedback the program has gotten!!
Vp4 is not an upgrade get your facts right.

I can't stop EVERYBODY from buying the program but I can sure stop a LOT of people from getting RIPPED-OFF !!
:blah5: :blah5: :blah5: :blah5:

The program has Great Graphics, Great Features if they just worked Correctly. You would have you a Gold Mine. However, with the Birdbrain the programmers seem to have I don't think they Know this !!
:stupid:

They have let the PROGRAM go to POT !! They could care less about their paying customers !! I for one will NEVER Buy anything from Celeris again. ANY TYPE of Computer Program !! If they have this much problems with one program and can't fix the Bugs then Just think about the other programs that are most likely just like VP3 !!!
:ditto: :ditto:

I am 65 yrs old and have been in pool halls all my life !! I know what I am talking about and I will spread the Word far and wide you can count on that !!
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Dumbfounded ( Why are People so STUPID )
:ditto: :knob:

This Forum is almost DEAD anyway !! No one comes here any more.
:protest:

If you want a Really Good Pool Game Buy "Live Pool 2" !! I have been playing Live Pool 2 for over 2 yrs now and have not found one Bug in the Program !! The serial # is not hard to get a new one if you Re-format your HD or change Computers.
The game don't have as many features as VP3 does but what is the use of having a ton of features if half of them don't work correctly !!
What a complate and utter load of crap!!!!
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

He probably get commissions from Live Pool 2 :bootyshake:
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

April fools, anybody?
:---)
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

vnt
dumbfounded
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dumbfounded »

You poor Stupid fool Lieing Kids. I would think that your mother would have taught you better than to lie !! The Truth will come out ! It always has and always will. If I had of written a program like that I would be Worried about it also.

Now We know why the Americans Don't play your Pool Game, Don't WE !!
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

What a complete an utter Tw@

:knob: :stupid: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob: :knob:
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

This is a funny post. So much of teen angst with no argumentation, made me actually sneer a little :)

1. When giving the game a sign that you are ready to shoot by pressing "s", try not to push your mouse forward at the same time. Alernatively, are you using an optical mouse with non-compatible surface? if your mouse cursor is sometimes randomly jumping in windows it will do that in the game also. Even in Live Pool 2.

2. AI is what it is.. is there any pool game out there with human AI tactics? Try playing online. Much more challenging and entertaining.

3. Try selecting the amateur table settings. I can tell that definitely is not too fast compared to a irl dirty bar table with soft and thich table cloth.

4. Well hehe.. what can you say into a statement like that.. "1+1 isn't 2"? How it's not correct?

5. oh that was all.

bla bla blaa

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
OnePocketSlim
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by OnePocketSlim »

The main-course proteins are predictably less compelling than the smaller dishes — the sous-vide chicken with crisped skin is too wet, kind of a dud — but the chile-rubbed pork tenderloin is juicy and stingingly spicy, the duck breast with whipped garbanzos is tasty and the skate wing with cinnamon is lovingly and accurately fried. And you can always get another maize cake for the road — try the one with Greek meatballs and yogurt.

You probably should try the warm potato chips layered with a sauce of chiles and avocado; the grilled octopus with hearts of palm; and his famous tortillas florales, made to order, with flowers pressed into them as if they were the pages of a romantic's scrapbook, served with a tiny bowl of pureed avocado.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Sounds delicious.
Wannabe

Post by dumbfounded »

Fluke[FIN] wrote:This is a funny post. So much of teen angst with no argumentation, made me actually sneer a little :)

1. When giving the game a sign that you are ready to shoot by pressing "s", try not to push your mouse forward at the same time. Alernatively, are you using an optical mouse with non-compatible surface? if your mouse cursor is sometimes randomly jumping in windows it will do that in the game also. Even in Live Pool 2.

I don't push my mouse forward at the same time. I don't have a chance to. You hit the button and the ball shoots. Very Soft I might add which is a foul !!! Yes, I am using an optical mouse with a mouse pad. The Best one on the market. It isn't the mouse's fault....it is a Bug in the VP 3 !

2. AI is what it is.. is there any pool game out there with human AI tactics? Try playing online. Much more challenging and entertaining.

Yes, there is a Great Pool Game out there..it is Called Live Pool !! No I don't get commission for promoting Live Pool. I promote it because it plays like a Human and is Very Good!! At least the AI knows how to Break the Balls which VP3 don't know...Even the Champion..."Curly" !! And he is a Total Joke !!

3. Try selecting the amateur table settings. I can tell that definitely is not too fast compared to a irl dirty bar table with soft and thich table cloth.

I play pool on Every Single one of the pool Tables that are available !! All of the tables does the same thing !!

4. Well hehe.. what can you say into a statement like that.. "1+1 isn't 2"? How it's not correct?

I Say that VP 3 is FULL OF BUGS that needs to be corrected. How do you explain the Camera Zooming in all the Time ? I have it set in the options to "DO NOTHING" yet it Zooms in Every time it is your turn to shoot the ball !!

5. oh that was all.

bla bla blaa

It might be bla bla blaa to you and your country but in America We do things Right over here. You all could take some lessions from us. But I know you won't as you all seems to know Everything and Really don't know Anything!! :stupid:

If you knew anything about Pool and playing it then you would know that VP3 is FULL OF BUGS !!!! Need I say More are do you Not understand that ?

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

dumbfounded wrote:If you knew anything about Pool and playing it then you would know that VP3 is FULL OF BUGS !!!! Need I say More are do you Not understand that ?
None of the bugs above exist.
dumbfounded wrote:Yes, I am using an optical mouse with a mouse pad. The Best one on the market. It isn't the mouse's fault....it is a Bug in the VP 3 !
Looking to buy a new mouse and another mousepad myself. So which are the best on the market?
Last edited by AlinVille on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Ive played vp3 for a few years and never had the zoom bug which you say you're getting all the time. Is the "Same aim distance" checked on in the camera options?

Maybe I missed your point on "The ball you are shooting at leaves the Table TOO MUCH!!". I took it as youre saying the table is too fast so I suggested a slower table. What do you mean if not the table speed? (if the amateur is too fast for you, you can then try a custom table settings and set the table even slower than "amateur" preset)

And what you're bitching about the ghost ball?

And please stop that USA bullshit.. I mean listen to yourself man.. do you know where Virtual Pool series have been made?

Kinda funny, a kid who says he knows everything about pool and then come here and start compaining about some ghostball or camera zoom. I would expect something very much different from "a pro".
niksana951
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by niksana951 »

Who the drat would care if vp3 is a good game? Nobody plays it.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

Dumbfounded is correct in saying the balls leave the table (i.e. go on to the virtual floor!) too much. He is also correct in that the AI isn't human-like in some aspects - but it is better than many, many pool/snooker games I've played (and I've played dozens since about 1982!).

The accidental shooting thing does happen occasionally but is a consequence of a slight forward movement of the mouse after pressing S - easily done but care does lead to it being very rare over time. Happens more often if you don't hold the mouse continuously (e.g. you place your hand back on the mouse after pressing S). VP3 is so sensitive (it has to be for the control method to work) that it cannot be called a bug.

Not sure about the other rants. If he does everything right over there, I can wager a grammar/English teacher would disagree after reading his posts! The zoom issue is a misinterpretation of the options as far as I'm concerned. VP3 is not perfect but doesn't surely deserve such a bilious tirade.

VP3 is the only game I've played continuously for the last 10 years, which says a lot for its quality and playability. All other related games haven't held my interest for a wide variety of reasons. Indeed, VP1 was the sole reason i moved from my Atari ST/Amiga to a PC!

Bagpuss
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

I got that accidental shooting problem too. It was solved when I updated the newest mouse-driver, believe it or not.
My mouse is the Logitech G5 mouse.
dumbfounded
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dumbfounded »

So you think I am a teenager. I have news for you. I was playing pool before most of you were born. Most posts on this forum was written by KIDS....Who don't even know how to play pool !!!

I know Pool and I know VP3 is FULL OF BUGS !!! Why don't you Kids just go tell your mothers that you are sorry you are do DUMB !! That would be the smart thing to do of course everyone can't be smart and the ones on this forum take 1st prize.

The one that posted that says NO ONE PLAYS VP3 anyway is RIGHT !! At least he isn't Dumb like the rest of you.

The ones that says VP3 don't have any BUGS in it are Real Dumb !! That is a Fact.

There is nothing wrong with my grammer. Look in the mirror....You sound like you could go back to school your self !!

At least now thousands of people know that VP3 is FULL OF BUGs !!!!
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

So vp3 has bugs.......so what...tell me something i didnt know.

I been playing VP games since before you were a grand daddy and all of them have bugs

Ill tell you what though...its got no more bugs than any other billiard or pool sim ive ever played,but what it has got is the reputation that its head and shoulders above all other comparisons.

So get your head round this and live with it.

Moaning like a 12 year old kid tells me you know no more about pool sims than i know about astro physics.

And im not a kid,k

And another thing dont post here and not expect people to defend the game....all of the people that play vp3 come across bugs from time to time,but to them they dont think that they wasted their money,to them its the best pool game theyre ever likely to play and the3y accept it for what it is.
Yes we all want improvements,however on a game thats over 10 years old it isnt going to happen,so thats why we wait on vp4.

Ps anyone that found fault with the ghostball option or complaint about it has got to be a noob......otherwise theyd never use the ghostabll :pottytrain5: :pottytrain5: :bs:
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

So you're not a kid. I'd suggest, therefore, that senility is setting in. I won't mention your spelling or grammar again as your last post does a great job of demonstrating its continuing failings. Some constructive, rational criticism of VP3 may be worth putting forward but, even then, a 10 year old game isn't likely to change with the follow-up in development. At the time, VP3 was streets ahead of the competition and only now falls short in the graphics/audio department a decade later.

If you play pool like you construct an argument, I suspect you are more often beaten by yourself rather than your opponents. Longevity in itself doesn't make you a better player. Demonstrate to us how you 'know' pool. We like to be educated here.

I still can't truly believe you are for real but, for the fun of it, I'll play along old-timer...

Bagpuss
dumbfounded
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by dumbfounded »

Yep, You are Right. 10 year old pool game played by 10 year old KIDS in a 50+ year old body. How Stupid can you get??

There are a lot of people out there that agrees with me. Like the guy that Posted " Who Plays VP3 Anyway" !!

Now find fault with this post. Like all Stupid Kids do !!!
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

lol.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

dumbfounded wrote:Yep, You are Right. 10 year old pool game played by 10 year old KIDS in a 50+ year old body. How Stupid can you get??

There are a lot of people out there that agrees with me. Like the guy that Posted " Who Plays VP3 Anyway" !!

Now find fault with this post. Like all Stupid Kids do !!!
LOL - What a wonderful contradiction. A post written in the style of a ten year old calling us all ten year old kids just because we don't agree with your insane ramblings. Priceless.

Your posts have no lucid arguments in them. Show your posts to your carer when they next pop in and I'm sure they'll help you.

Seriously, I've decided you are not real now as your posts have crossed the boundary between ill thought out and ludicrous. As such, I'll now get on with my life and not be drawn in to replying to any more of your crazed rants, even though it's been fun...

Bagpuss
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Get in the VP3 GSA Lobby, let's have a chat, mwahahahahaa :groupies:
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.