Anyone for a 9ball tour?

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

Rocketuk
Wannabe
Wannabe

Anyone for a 9ball tour?

Post by Rocketuk »

Hi Im thinking of running 9ball tour series and was wondering if anyone would be interested

How it will work

5 tournaments
One played each month
Tournaments played at Garage,Pit Stop,Deep Pockets,Hard times,beachhouse
All rounds race to 9 ,Final race to 11
Points awarded for each tournament with ranking table I was thinking of this points system

1st - 30
2nd - 25
3/4th - 20
5/8th - 15
9/16th - 10
17/32nd - 5

Let me know what you think if there is enough intrest ill make a website and get this up and running in next few weeks

I was also thinking it may be better to run the tournaments through vphqtournamnets if any td would like to help out

anyone with any other ideas to add please let me know thanks
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone for a 9ball tour?

Post by 9balldotcom »

Well what I would suggest is that you use one of the Friday Night 9ball with 9ball tourney nights,cos its regular and is always on each week(if theres enough players.)

My advice is dont let noobs sign up ,only regular reliable players in general if you dont want it to die on its feet.

You should use it as a benchmark for possible others,the less dropouts you have the better

Players you want to be wary of are the quitters cos they dont win eack week...you want to know who ill tell you.

Id play if your struggling for names.

If you get a site or page up for it ill link it on my front page to let the ones that dont read the forum know
OnePocketSlim
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by OnePocketSlim »

Sounds great Rocket. Good idea. :salute: I am on board and I am unanimous in that. :-"
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Good idea!
I could only play if I have Fridays off.. which won't happen again for a while.
Any chance to have it Saturdays?
I could help out with hosting too, but I would think if you tell Nugget/Deb about it, they set you up on VPHQtournaments to host.
Wannabe

Post by Rocketuk »

I was thinking of running the tournaments over afew weeks with a max of 32 players

then if we got 2 rounds played each week then the tournament would take no more then 3 weeks
that would leave a week free before the next tournament

It would be great to do it all in one night but cant see that happening
LarryL

Post by LarryL »

Well if you are going to run the tournaments within a three week time period, maybe you would consider making them double elimination. I know it would be impossible
to do double elimination on the site we use now, but there are sites out there which can be used to host double elimination tournaments. http://challonge.com/
Or maybe we could get one of the communities great web page designers to make a double elimination tournament site. I know it is asking too much but it would be nice.
Rocketuk
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Rocketuk »

I like the idea of a double-elim tournaments it brings something new but wouldnt it take too long?

i think we would do well to run a single elim tourney with 32 players over 3 weeks also i have no idea of a good points system for double-elim does anyone else?