Go on, humour me...

General disccusion of Virtual Pool Mobile game play and features.

Moderator: vpeer

Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Go on, humour me...

Post by Bagpuss »

Hi,

I know we've been here before but as Bada handsets now reach 5m sales (which I think represents a decent enough market), please take a considered look into porting VPM to it. The reason I think it's worth another look are that the Samsung Wave (and I assume the Wave II) use the PowerVR 540 GPU which is the successor to that used in the iPhone3GS, so maybe this will make porting the iPhone version a lot less painful than, say, getting a generic Android version up and running. Added to this, the OS is relatively open and the free SDK is very helpful. Lastly, companies such as Gameloft and EA Mobile have evidently ported C++ based games over with little trouble.

A decent pool simulation would clean up on Bada as there isn't one. Even the deplorable free pool game in the store is popular due to lack of competition. i think at least a little feasibility study is called for. I can but hope!

Bagpuss
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Re: Go on, humour me...

Post by vpeer »

RIght now we are trying to get Android done, not so easy with all the different handsets and OS versions.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

Well, a stroke of luck means I've got a Samsung Galaxy S now (running Android 2.2.1) and Mrs Bagpuss has my Wave. Bigger screen, same powerful hardware BUT now Android.

Pool Break Demo will keep me amused until Virtual Pool Mobile hits the market. If VPM improves on Pool Break, then I'll be delighted.

Bagpuss
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

We are getting close on Android. May want you to beta test.
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

I can beta test, I have fair Android.
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

vpeer wrote:We are getting close on Android. May want you to beta test.
That's great news! Would be an honour to beta test.

Bagpuss
Bubby
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Bubby »

Perhaps an Android subforum is in order? I suspect this is going to be a huge platform for mobile gaming.