gamespy issues

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

B
Asst Admin
Asst Admin

gamespy issues

Post by B »

I formatted last week and can no longer get into the bp3 lobby. GSA won't even detect that the game is on the computer and all of my options in the Options menu are grayed out so I cannot add it manually.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (the games and the other one are the same... all gray)

I tried the services.rar file 9balldotcom had on his site, but that did not help.

I don't even have the little picture on the left bar to click on to get to the vp3 lobby.

I tried opening a direct link to it using: virtualpool3:///?type=group&group=-1 , but that failed too.

Then I went through all the non encrypted configuration files in the GSA folder looking for a way to add a game, but came up empty.

Are there certain configuration files I am missing that I used to have before the format that gamespy is not installing? :-k
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gamespy issues

Post by 9balldotcom »

I had one person with exactly the same issues.

Even after they tried the services folder same thing,so I assumed they werent copying the services folder and pasting it properly over the gamespy folder.

I went on teamviewer and checked it for them.

So i started from the top by deleting their profile numbers from their gamespy folder and then uninstalling gamespy fully and also checked the registry for any gamespy folder there.
Once i had done that i downloaded and reinstalled gamespy again.I then copied and pasted the services folder into the gamespy folder and repaced all the files when it requested to do so.

Then when logging into gamespy because no profiles were on the pc gamespy you then have to use the login wizard to join gamespy,so you need your original email address and password to log in again on whatever profile you want to use.

One thing to remember also at the log in point.Make sure that you choose the vp3 lobby as your start up location and when you login it will take you there as normal,if not youll go to arcade daily lobby and have to do a scan for games there if vp3 isnt already showing in your games.

it should work out and you may well not need to do all this to join the lobby,but as a last resort its what i did for one person and it worked.

Above al make sure you are copying and pasting correctly....copy the services folder and paste directly into the gamespy folder and replace all files....i even did them individually to double check and make sure in the end.

Good luck......and if you still get stuck.......your going to have to reveal yourself to me in gamespy and ill help you......im an expert on this k.
B
Asst Admin
Asst Admin

Post by B »

Well I finally got it working. After much trial and error, I discovered that the problem occurs when you try to install Gamespy off of your vp3 disk and then let it automatically upgrade to the newest version when prompted. Apparently something goes awry in the process of updating the old version to the new. I solved this by uninstalling GSA, cleaning the registry, and then downloading the latest version of GSA directly instead of relying on the program to update itself when starting up.
mihai
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by mihai »

Hi there!

I'm having the exact same issue. My game isn't showing up in GameSpy search although after a file scan it sais the database is up to date.
I'm using the latest GameSpy Arcade.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mihai
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Id read the posts above as theres not much more advice can be given unless you contac me in the vp3 lobby if you still cant get fixed ill see what i can do to assist you.
Agassi
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Agassi »

Here is the solution http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2021
it hepled me
titisnook for people, titiGreen for president!