New Update 2.01

Virtual Pool Mobile for iPhone
vpeer
VIP
VIP

New Update 2.01

Post by vpeer »

New audio samples and fix to audio renderer.
UDID for device correctly reported to online server (iPod4 bug)
Top players (such as Slow Roll and Curly) returned to previous form.
Text alignment for Bet Board
Boss video crash
Scoll bar for Easy Shoot tweaked to fit 1->100 within width of screen.
Hit area for stick reduced (inadvertent stick hits and thus miscues)
Minor UI tweaks.
BoxOfSnoo
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: New Update 2.01

Post by BoxOfSnoo »

You're getting there, but I still have some issues with the sounds.

The insanely loud cushion sounds are thankfully gone, but now the ball sounds are all weird - like they have a slapback echo on them. The nice, simple and satisfying "CRACK!" of the 1.x versions went away, for some reason. Can we get those back, somehow?

Thanks.
lucky.m.effer
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lucky.m.effer »

Hi, great game.

Chat support was completely removed in the last few versions? Not that anyone used it... besides, did it ever really work?

No more "Player X wins" screen in multiplayer games as of 2.01?

Plus I am still being paired with 'iPod4' players as of 2.01.

I'd love to see the full changelist if you feel like posting it.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

lucky.m.effer wrote:Hi, great game.
I am still being paired with 'iPod4' players as of 2.01.
Is Ipod4 a bot? I thought it was a real player.
If it is a bot, it would be nice if he played other games than just 8ball and 9 ball.

And yes, it seems that chat is gone now.
Wonder if that was on purpose or by bug.

Is there a version history or somethign like that where we can look up what the changes are supposed to be?
VIP

Post by vpeer »

lucky.m.effer wrote: Chat support was completely removed in the last few versions? Not that anyone used it... besides, did it ever really work?
The chat implementation was so poor it was not worth having it in there. We will support it properly in the future.
lucky.m.effer wrote:No more "Player X wins" screen in multiplayer games as of 2.01?
Were you playing "iPod4"? We have not seen this happen so not sure why this occurred. Please verify for us.
lucky.m.effer wrote:Plus I am still being paired with 'iPod4' players as of 2.01.
That should only happen if your playing somebody that has an older version.
lucky.m.effer wrote: I'd love to see the full changelist if you feel like posting it.
I did post the change list, that was the first post.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

I played ipod4 yesterday night some time between 9 pm and 11 pm PST (can't remember exactly, as I played another player as well), using 2.01

The first post doesn't include the chat option being removed, so I thought there might be other things not mentioned.
Although if it was already removed with 1.99 it makes sense.
1.99 never worked online for me.
VIP

Post by vpeer »

zwylle wrote:I played ipod4 yesterday night some time between 9 pm and 11 pm PST (can't remember exactly, as I played another player as well), using 2.01
The ipod4 is not caused by your 2.01 version, it is caused by the player you are online with that has a 1.99 version.
lucky.m.effer
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lucky.m.effer »

vpeer wrote:
lucky.m.effer wrote: I'd love to see the full changelist if you feel like posting it.
I did post the change list, that was the first post.
Sorry, I thought this was an abbreviated list, since it did not contain anything about the chat or the user interface changes. Just looking for a comprehensive list of the changes, thats all.
lucky.m.effer
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by lucky.m.effer »

vpeer wrote:
lucky.m.effer wrote:No more "Player X wins" screen in multiplayer games as of 2.01?
Were you playing "iPod4"? We have not seen this happen so not sure why this occurred. Please verify for us.
This happened while playing a random opponent, who did not suffer from the iPod4 name glitch. Wish I could remember his player name but I can't.

Edit: In fact, playing myself (ipad vs. iphone), if I quit the game unexpectedly from either device, the other device is returned to the online menu with no warning as to what happened.
bobb2451
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by bobb2451 »

I've always been impressed by this game and it truly is my favourite for the iphone. My biggest gripe is the very strange audio clips. The audio in previous versions was vastly superior - please go back to them.