Tournament System reporting error..

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Tournament System reporting error..

Post by zwylle »

Looks like we currently can't report the final result in tournaments.
I received the following error and assume there is some action by Nugget required before we can finish any tourneys.
It happens at the very end, after hitting the "finish Tournament" button.

I won't host until I hear back that this is fixed.

----------------------------------
INSERT INTO TournamentHistory (TournamentID, Title, DateStart, CreatedBy, Winner, RunnerUp, GameType, Rated, DateCompleted) VALUES (3937,'US Timezone - Christmas Eve 8 Pub','20101224',24, 76,1931,'8-Ball Pub',1, getdate())Adding tournament to history....

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TournamentHistory'.'PK_TournamentHistory' in database 'saturn57' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

/tourney/finish_tourney.asp, line 86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tournament System reporting error..

Post by 9balldotcom »

I did a test tournament and I got this first time around

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'CStr'

D:\SITES\VPHQTOURNAMENTS.COM\WWWROOT\TOURNEY\../includes/dates.asp, line 164

Then i went to the old tourney system page and got this for the same tourney

NSERT INTO TournamentHistory (TournamentID, Title, DateStart, CreatedBy, Winner, RunnerUp, GameType, Rated, DateCompleted) VALUES (3939,'TEST TOURNEY','20101225',18, 2720,2722,'9-Ball',1, getdate())Adding tournament to history....
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TournamentHistory'.'PK_TournamentHistory' in database 'saturn57' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

/tourney/finish_tourney.asp, line 86
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Fault rep[orted and conformation that its possibly a database error,it might be full.
Nugget however wont have the chance to look at it till Thursday at least.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

The system is fixed.
Nugget had the provider increase the database size.
I was able to report the tournament.

For tonight, 6 pm pacific, 2 am UK, I've scheduled cowboy: http://www.vphqtournaments.com/tourney/ ... p?tid=3940
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Just to let you know that I clicked finish the tourney and yes it was slow but in the end i got this...

INSERT INTO TournamentHistory (TournamentID, Title, DateStart, CreatedBy, Winner, RunnerUp, GameType, Rated, DateCompleted) VALUES (3940,'New Years Day - US timezone Cowboy','20110101',24, 24,76,'Cowboy',1, getdate())Adding tournament to history....DONE
Updating ratings and statistics...DONE
Updating 'Last Played' date for each player in the tournament...DONE
Archiving the tournament...DONE
Deleting the tournament...DONE
E-mailing results...DONE

Congratulations to zwylle for winning the New Years Day - US timezone Cowboy tournament and to LarryL for being runner-up. Also thanks for all those who participated in the event

Happy New Year.!!!!!

Ps But I also got this error message at the bottom of the page

Please support our tournament site by clicking one of the ads below:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'bfHdrShowAds'

/tourney/finish_tourney.asp, line 187
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

That error at the bottom has been appearing for a looooooooong time.. I believe it is for banner ads..
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.