JOINING VP3 LOBBY.MESSAGE SAYS YOU NEED FILES?

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

JOINING VP3 LOBBY.MESSAGE SAYS YOU NEED FILES?

Post by 9balldotcom »

There seems to be an issue at the moment for visitors to the VP3 lobby on gamespy arcade'
The message you get mentions about needing to download and install files before you van join the lobby,but it never finishes downloading them.

This can be resolved by downloading this file http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/Services.rar
and opening it with winrar then copy and pasre the services file into your gamespy atcade folder....this will resolve your connection to the lobby issue
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Re: JOINING VP3 LOBBY WITH WIN 7 YOU NEED FILES?

Post by Albinario »

It doesnt have to do with win 7, it's same for all.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: JOINING VP3 LOBBY.MESSAGE SAYS YOU NEED FILES?

Post by 9balldotcom »

I stand corrected then if your sure everyones having the ptoblem...I assumed it was only win 7.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

I have the same problem:

Here it stops, it never end.
I have Windows XP Professional.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Many people have the same problem and not just with vp3 its with many other games on gamespy...I assume you downloaded the file and did what it tells you above>.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Post by Hanterp »

Well it did not get further than that. I left it about 45 minutes untouched but it never finished downloading configuration files.
That means people with this problem cannot play on the Vpool server...

Oh wait I just found your rar-file above... off to try that one...
Diver
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Diver »

This can be resolved by downloading this file http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/Services.rar
and opening it with winrar then copy and pasre the services file into your gamespy atcade folder....this will resolve your connection to the lobby issue
Can't find a "services" file. Only a folder, which I have copied to my "\program files\gamespy arcade" folder. Still not working for me, I'm afraid. Am I missing something obvious, or could you make your instructions idiot proof? (I'm a bit lost when it comes to this stuff.)

Regards,

Diver
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Download the rar file....... http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/Services.rar

unrar the rar file and drag the services folder to your dektop then right click the services folder and copy it.......

open COMPUTER or MY COMPUTER

go to programmes

look for gamespy arcade

right click gamespy arcade and PASTE the services folder into the gamespy folder.....if it asks you to replace files and replace all agree to ii.

Then come to gamespy arcade and try joining the vp3 lobby.....might needa reboot first.....but it should now work.
Diver
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Diver »

Thanks, that seems to have copied the folder and I no longer have the "downloading files" dialog.

However, when I click on the VP3 logo on the left, it tries to display something above the chat section. I'm guessing it's a list of rooms but when I mouseover the logo I get a tooltip saying "Virtual Pool 3 (Getting Update)":

Maybe I'm the only person playing, hence the "1" beside the logo?

So no luck getting a game just yet...thanks in advance for any help.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Ok heres what you do...when you join gamespy make sure you go to the Arcade daily lobby and ask for me and i will help you join the lobby.
Diver
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Diver »

Very kind. See you soon...hopefully.

Edit: Tried again this morning and was asked to accept a EULA, then the VP3 Lobby was accessible. I'll try to figure it out as and when I get online...
Diver
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Diver »

I needed to manually open/add ports on my router (using 192.168.1.1) before I could join games or create rooms which others could see.

The list I used is:

Port Ranges: 29900 to 30000, 60876 to 60976
Single ports: 13139, 27900, 28900

Many thanks to AlinVille and Andy*dj_vivid*UK in the VP3 Lobby, as well as nineballdotcom obviously.
Frootov
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Frootov »

"Download the rar file....... http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/Services.rar

unrar the rar file and drag the services folder to your dektop then right click the services folder and copy it......"

Hiya! I've tried this link but it just opens a page of script for me. :-k
Just bought VP3DL and want to get back into online play. \:D/
TIA Frootov
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

The link still works and the files are still on my site for downloading...should not be a problem.
Frootov
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Frootov »

Just used firefox to get it. Thanks.
Now I just have t configure my d-link ports.
Edit:
Managed to get sorted. Yay!
TurbulentVixen
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by TurbulentVixen »

Hey! Fellow VP Players.. TV here...long time no see or play and :mumum: and let me * JUST SAY * This SUX!!

What in the Wonderful Wide World of Sports of Online Billiard Pool Play Is Going ON? I mean, Come on! What's the problem w/ Steve (IS IT?) _ the Owner, programmer, etc?, creator of this game's delay with updating this game to modern technology?? Rewrite it, reprogram it for current platform... which by my wiring thinking is referring to the Platform of Windows OS ... Win7.
It''s obvious there's a problem or who knows how many that lie within Win7. And, this Winrar crap!? Sheeeshh! Winzip was hard enough...and really, it was a breeze compared to this RAR er- Bas&**D of a compression program. It's too much hassle. All I want to do is PLAY the darn game, not Help debug it, fix it, communicate to it... show it where to find files, drag n drop em here or there...Learn Computer Programming n add nec. lines where needed :mumum: Get your ass in gear, and amp up your product, take pride in your creation....and appreciate your followers and those of us that have supported your product. Don't brush off a Success... Even if that Success has always been controlled and limited to only a small minute market...you distributed it as to your wants. Cuz, it could have been way more successful... I'm still amazed I ever found out about it. Wouldn't have, had it not been for a member of the Hess Family turning us on to it back when there was only VP1, then 2, then VP3...then it was spotted at Target and a friend picked me up my own copy : )) and said they still had 1 more remaining, which I passed on the news to another friend n they even got themselves one : )) But, yea!! Thx to this great friend of my Dad's...we were introduced to and have really enjoyed the heck outta VP3. While my fun lies with the ONLINE play, for them they enjoy playing amongst themselves offline And, such a shame - they can't even do that at present time

Looky here.., yo!! i can't even get Gamespy to open now after trying to follow these stupid steps for the config files. :bs: ... where's the lil guy bouncin' his head off the concrete wall? That's the imagery needed here.... LOL!
And, Yo hey Jack! ... Hugh... Steve, Betty Lou? Who ever ... I ain't got time to do all your sort'n crap. Would you like to come join me for some FretBoard Knowledge? Some Blues Licks and Scales today? prolly not...totally understandable.. So Fix your manure! We want to play the gd game and shouldn't need a programmer's degree to do it.

Hats off to Apo11on with his offering of help and knowledge....and, who knows how much time. As well as everyone else too. But, Again... Come on! It ain't up to us to sort your game. ARGHHH! Not even moderators, just supporters and lovers of the game who want to PLAY the GAME.
This is pretty pathetic! Just as is... me having to sit here and write for crying out loud... ARGHHH~! I hate fkn Writing! Waist of my friggen time!

Laters... TurbulentVixen
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I told you I can help you but thats up to you.
TurbulentVixen
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by TurbulentVixen »

Yeah... I know!! You helped me once before. Let me do some more rrrrreeeeeeaaaaaachhhinnng!! OUT! :walk: :hm: (Other way...yo!<<.-'*'-.-'*'-..-'*'-.,~>>>) ](*,) Ahh! Yes!! That's the one!! hehe!

How we do this?