How to play online without using lousy gamespy crapware?

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Pamonheiro
Wannabe
Wannabe

How to play online without using lousy gamespy crapware?

Post by Pamonheiro »

Hello guys!

First of all, if it was already answered sorry, or if it's the wrong place, sorry too ...

Ok, i just bought the vp3, installed, when i click to play online it wants me to install gamespy. I don't use gamespy, i dont like it, i think it's a lousy software, just gives em problems and i dont want to have it on my computer ... And hey, look at this, i tried to install the gamespy anyways, and it does not work at all, it says that it needs to download some extra files to get me into the game lobby, but nothing happens, it keeps going on that window for hours ...

So how do i disable this gamespy and log directly into the game lobby to play online? And if the only way to play this game online is throught gamespy, where do i ask for a refund? When i was buying the game i didnt see anywhere saying that i was going to be forced to use that crap gamespy to be able to play online ...
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Re: How to play online without using lousy gamespy crapware?

Post by DARKH0RSE »

Have a goosey at this thread ...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2019

9balldotcom may help :hm:
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
Pamonheiro
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Pamonheiro »

Just for you guys to know, before making this topic i tried to foward the ports on my router, its done, i know how to do it, did it before for other games, and STILL not working ...

PS - i dont use windows 7, i use windows xp, sp3 .. the issue with GS is only under windows 7??
Pamonheiro
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Pamonheiro »

Well, it worked after i download the "services" fix for GS, thank you.