9ball tourney league night

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

9ball tourney league night

Post by 9balldotcom »

9ball league tourney night
I have a plan to run a 9ball tourney league night heres how it will work

There will be fixed amount of players can play in the league so places will be limited

Everyone will play everyone else once on the evening

Fixtures will all be available prior to commencement so you know who you will play first and who your next opponent will be and so on,those fixtures will be posted in the VP3 lobby.

Each match will be of 6 racks

3 points for a win

1 point for a draw

Set the match goal to 7 to allow for the draw.

The whole league will be played in full on the night similar to round robin and the player with the most points will win overall

In the event of a tie then racks for and against will be taken into consideration.

In the event of there still being a tie then a sudden death best of 5 rack play off will decide the winner.
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Re: 9ball tourney league night

Post by Nam[BE] »

Good idea Hugh! Cramming the league session in one night can overcome most of the leagues' usual problems, like people giving up etc...
Count me in the interested ones.
:manure:
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
NSWAR
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by NSWAR »

I would like to join :)
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

We just completed our first league night and i think those that entered it would say it worked ok and was a success.
Whats clear tho from the initial test we had last night that in a format such as this was....8 players and each match over 6 racks then thats the perfect amoint of players and also the correct match distance.It means that all those playing get a good evenings competition and every rack counts.

The tourney lasted 3 hours abnd went without a hitch....so more to come.

Congratulations to Rocket who held on to snatch victory in the end of an enjoyable evenings 9ball