What ports do you really need for vp3 ?

Polomints Port Opening Router programme.Find all info here and get advice and info from the man himself.

Moderator: polomint77

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

What ports do you really need for vp3 ?

Post by 9balldotcom »

The above image is taken from my BT HUB 2 Configuration screen.

When I first got the original Hub I couldnt play vp3,but through online help from Kev(Purplemantorok) who is experienced with routers he managed to hook me up and get the game working online nps..So the first time around I asked him if he could have a look at my router at the time you could allow remote access to the router(now you cannot as a security feature of the HUB)

It took Kev a few minutes to work his way around the Hub but eventually he set these two port ranges only as you see above.

Now that I have the new Hub and having spoke to Kev the other day he told me the ports he uses on his router and I put those ones you see in the image into my Hub and I can play and set and join rooms without any issues.

Id be interested on some feedback from those of you willing to test these two port ranges on your own routers to try them out

Let me know if they work for you or they dont.

PS it would be best if you are an experienced router user,rather than a noob like me to start messing with something that isnt broke,but Id appreciate the feedback
badbrad130
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: What ports do you really need for vp3 ?

Post by badbrad130 »

I bought a new router today and needed to set the ports again. I tried the above, but they didn't work for me.
These are the only ports that work for me:

VP3.exe 60876 - 60976 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 13139 - 13139 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 27900 - 27900 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 28900 - 28900 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 29900 - 29901 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: What ports do you really need for vp3 ?

Post by polomint77 »

badbrad130 wrote:I bought a new router today and needed to set the ports again. I tried the above, but they didn't work for me.
These are the only ports that work for me:

VP3.exe 60876 - 60976 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 13139 - 13139 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 27900 - 27900 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 28900 - 28900 your IP TCP&UDP Tick
Aphex.exe 29900 - 29901 your IP TCP&UDP Tick

Yes, they are the correct ports, no matter what anyone else says...Although, you can reduce 60876-60976 down to 60876-60887.

Have fun, :)
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.