NEW TOTALLY REWRITTEN PORT OPENING SOFTWARE

Polomints Port Opening Router programme.Find all info here and get advice and info from the man himself.

Moderator: polomint77

polomint77
Banger
Banger

NEW TOTALLY REWRITTEN PORT OPENING SOFTWARE

Post by polomint77 »

This software is a total rewrite, and it works in a totally different way to PoloRoute. This is because certain routers and configurations would not work with it.

This new version should be more stable and more likely to open the ports needed for VP3.

BE AWARE: If your router does not have UPnP enabled then you will have to enable that yourself as currently it is not possible to enable it through this software. Ask in the VP3 GSA lobby for help if you are not sure, or post your questions here...

Check

http://polonet.atspace.com/vp3/poloroute.html

Thanks

polomint77

for the latest details...

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

NOTE: The software is now called Polo Port Opener because it is now enabled so that it can be used with any game that the ports are known for..
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
WIT_UK
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: NEW TOTALLY REWRITTEN PORT OPENING SOFTWARE

Post by WIT_UK »

Very good program polomint,but it DOES NOT work on Windows 7..
(well not for me,has anyone else tried?)
Looking forward to you rewriting it for this new OS
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I *will* get round to reinstalling Windows7 I promise, :)

Someone else has used it on Win7 and it worked so it must work with Win7. It must be summat to do with your Win7 setup.. If I can get time, I'll add some more error catching code and email you a test version that may be able to give me more information about the error, which may be able to help me find out why it's not working for you.

John
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
jerhawk
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by jerhawk »

I have problems with Windows 7 and the port opener - it worked brilliantly in XP. Is there a newer version?
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Unfortunately there will probably never be any more updates due to me not using Windows anymore (or at least rarely using Windows).
The best way to sort out your ports would be to ask someone in the VP3 lobby in GSA to use Teamviewer to access your PC and set the ports manually for you. I'd be willing to do it if you catch me in GSA. I'm not there that often but will attempt to get on there sometime soon.
Another reason is that VP4 shouldn't cause problems with ports so it doesn't make much sense to update it. :(
DISCLAIMER