Can't get into rooms

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Can't get into rooms

Post by Vidiot08 »

I have opened ports and no firewall and have reinstalled and still can't get into rooms. I have antivirus allowing also. What's the fix?
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I would first try that: http://www.vp3help.com/online.php

Then the rest of the site may be useful too

Have fun
:manure:
Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

Well i have tried everything now twice....When i try to join a room it just sits at the connecting screen..When I try to create a room it ( GS) says my internal and external addresses are different. I have went thru all the steps to open ports etc. firewall ...everything .. I would think this would have been fixed YEARS ago... Any more ideas anyone?
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

Vidiot what make and model is the router you have.
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Make sure you are using you internal ip address. when opening up your ports for a specific ip.

Freeball
Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

D-Link EBR 2310 . I will make sure it's the internal. I think I've tried all ip's internal ,external ,router.
Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

Tried the internal again ...no luck
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

Vidiot give this link a wirl and try Port Range.. Start 60876 - End 60976

http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... efault.htm
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

I can get in rooms now but when I host it doesn't show up ..
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Just out of interest are you using these ports?

29900-29901
60876-60976

I noticed that the 29901 was the one that stopped me setting if i didn't use it. I used to use just 29900.

Just a thought, :)
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

I just checked and it is open
Vidiot08
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

I get the message that my internal IP is different than my external....Any ideas ?
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Vidiot08 wrote:I get the message that my internal IP is different than my external....Any ideas ?
That's the reason why you can't host.
There are 2 possible ways to resolve this:
- enable DMZ (always a security issue)
- configure the router to set your PC as virtual server for those ports.

They don't work for everybody though.
Last resort would be to contact your provider and get a dedicated IP for your PC.
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

Well apparently this has been going on for years and seems to me to be Gamespy(POS). I have tried everything except configuring router for virtual server. What a joke ....No wonder the community is so small. I heard some one had to disconnect router to play and hook it back up when not playing ...unbelievable. Router works fine everywhere else and we shouldn't have to go through all this for GS. So I guess i can't host?
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

If the virtual server doesn't work and you can't bypass the router.. I guess not.
Wannabe

Post by Vidiot08 »

Now today it says * Entering the room/channel has failed (Can't do it).
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Post by Albinario »

I too also can't get in as well
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I spoke to one of the helpers and he said that they are experiencing problems with some game lobbies, and that they hope to get it fixed soon.

F BS

In the meantime, I've got a room running on my PC if anyone wants a game... You will have to email me at polomint at gmail dot com or msn me on polomint77 at hotmail dot com.
Ill send you the IP address then.

EDIT: Its 15.27 GMT now, it will be up till about 17.00 GMT..

:D
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.