Limiting sign ups for sunday snooker

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Limiting sign ups for sunday snooker

Post by Shaz{uk} »

I think i'm going to have to limit sign ups for sunday snooker to 12 coz its 11pm & its not finished yet it started at 7pm, i will start next sunday & see how it goes, so if u want to play pls ask me in the lobby or in a p.m. & i will add u as sign ups will be disabled to stop any late comers or confusion, pls be aware that when there are 12 sign ups i will begin so it may be before 7pm, ty

U only get to piss me off once then ur history :muffy: :thunder:
Last edited by Shaz{uk} on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

Post by M-aster_1989_de »

thats ok
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
M-aster_1989[ger] to play tournaments
Master_1989[TD] to host tournaments
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I see where your coming from Shaz as having done a Sunday Snooker with I think around 23 people in it one week and when it started at 8pm,it had got to 1 am in the morning and I had to call it quits between the two finalists,so it actually finished Monday Night.

However my thoughts are that it should be limited to 16,which makes it nice and even.
As to the length of the tournament,it really is down to some matches having over ran their time.
I played my first round match and it lasted 25 minutes on sunday night there.On the other hand though,we have players who like their snooker but take over an hour for a match which means that each frame is taking longer than the average to complete(the average frame IRL being 20 minutes).
What the problem is that we have a mix of players at different levels of play.....get two not so good players together and the match is destined to take longer.
If you need someone to finish a Sunday Snooker tourney,you only have to give us a shout.
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

Ok hugh i will compremise & make it 14 coz on sunday it was 17 players, so to be honest i cant see any difference in making it 16, i'm sry to be a pain but i take sleeping tablets & by 11pm i'm falling asleep at my keyboard lol. Its nice of u to offer to finish for me but it seems like a bit of a cheek when its suppose to be my tourney. I will still disable sign ups & i want people to message me if they want to play either by p.m. or in the lobby.

U only get to piss me off once then ur history :muffy: :thunder: