i want more tourneys!

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

We have tried bri but there's just no interest & its not worth it with less than 6 players, i personally am not going to beg people to enter, the tourneys hav'nt stopped just coz hugh retired either, the lack of interest started long before that, the t.d.'s that come in & try to host are getting a bit pissed off with people moaning when its not the t.d.'s fault ! Either the number of players has to rise to make it worth while or tourneys will stop altogether & thats not a threat its reality i'm afraid.
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

See --> http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9702#9702

Also, it doesn't take a genuis to work out that it has been the tournements that have kept this almost 7 year game alive in GSA.

The more players in VP3, the more tournaments there are. The more tournaments, the more popular and more players come to VP3.

In this moribund state (Yes, this is the worst I have ever seen it), we either let it die, or the 14 TD's & 2 managers do something about it.

14 TD's and apart from the day of 9 ball and Sunday Snooker, there is nothing on the schedule.

If there are no tournaments on the schedule, how can we expect players to turn up to play in them?

I hope I'm wrong and it is the usual summer holiday lull.
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

EDIT, its only been a half a day and this topic has already been viewed over 60 times!!

PS. And it's not me hitting 'refresh' fifty times :)
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

As i said before tone there are currently 2 active t.d.'s out of 14, we are trying our best but when ive been on thru the week there's only a max of roughly 20 players on, how many of those sign up ? 2-4 if ur lucky which in my opoinion is'nt worth doing a tourney with, sry. Ok ive booked up the schedule thru to wednesday so lets see wot happens.
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

I'm not repeating every thing in here, lol

http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9712#9712
Freeball

Post by Freeball »

Tourney special event...

Round Robin "Triathlon" 8&9 Ball/Snooker Tourney
Info : http://celeris.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9717#9717
Poll : viewtopic.php?t=1465
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: i want more tourneys!

Post by 9balldotcom »

i wanna see more tourneys here!... just cause hugh retires dont mean all other TDs gota do the same......is some1 gonna step up and host tourneys on a regular basis?
Ah for the want to be TD......as I always say theres wanting to be TD and sctually being one http://www.vphqtournaments.com/admin/td_performance.asp

[Q-StiX] 28 8/25/2009 1:20:21 AM (149 days ago)
therealcuemaster 11 10/12/2009 10:33:00 PM (101 days ago)
inthepocket 44 10/13/2009 3:47:44 AM (100 days ago)

Be thankful for small mercies Shaz has come back and that the three active Tds are still active...Polo....Diablo and Fashionez.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: i want more tourneys!

Post by polomint77 »

I'll second what shaz says tho... We setup a tourney and 90% of the time we are lucky to get 6 signups... Either that or we get shite from people complaining that we a creating the wrong tourneys... Unfortunately, there are only a couple of tourney types that people will play, namely Snooker, 8 Ball, and 9 Ball... Sometimes cowboy, cribbage and rotation work, but very rarely.

Honolulu anyone... :gagme:
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.