JOINING VP3 LOBBY WITH VISTA

Play online, have fun, make friends. Discuss playing VP3DL online plus how to get started playing, setup that firewall, and use GameSpy Arcade.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

JOINING VP3 LOBBY WITH VISTA

Post by 9balldotcom »

Ok if you like me have vista and have problems joining vp3 lobby just copy and paste this into open url option in gamespy virtualpool3:///?type=group&group=-1 it will take you to vp3 lobby.

I realise that if your a registered played with gsa you can set vp3 as the default room to launch gsa at but even though you save it it sometimes resets and then you cant join again

Copying and pasting this link above will allow you to join lobby nps ty to robiff who worked it out
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I am now pleased to report that after installing the BETA service pack 1 for vista,that this issue is now resolved,you can join the VP3DL lobby as normal with no problems.The welcome screen error message is now gone.
Miklad
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: JOINING VP3 LOBBY WITH VISTA

Post by Miklad »

Hi 9ball...

Miklad here. (the 'Brit' who was trying to connect earlier this week, but to no avail).

Its frustrating the life out of me to be honest. I can connect to the various rooms via Gamespy, and the black connection screen actually shows me who is in the room, but I can't see a thing! Just the black connection screen.

A kind user (with Hippy in his name - sorry I forget exactly) sent me a link to opening ports on my BThub, which I followed to the letter, but still no solution...

I am on Vista as you know, and have a black BThub2 (recent upgrade). I have switched my windows firewall off, as well as the McAffe firewall too. So really the only firewall active is on the router.

Perhaps I need a new set of port ranges? How can I find these?

I am by no means comfortable with messing around with ports and such, but I kinda get it now.

If anyone can help with this I'd be most thankful!

Can't wait to play a human as opposed to the PC!

Regards

Miklad
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Miklad I can assure you that there is no problem in opening the ports on the BT Hub(new black one) as thats the one I now have as well as having already had the original Hub.
Polomints port opening programme will work with both Hubs.
Provided you follow all the instructions to the letter on his web page the port opening software will work.

I also suggested you let someone else try and fix it for you.
You can do this by downloading Teamviewer,which is a programme that lets someone you trust to access your desktop and let them fix it for you.
I have already helped a few people with this software and it saves a lot of messing about.
If I cannot help you then Ill do my best to get someone who can help you.

Go here http://www.teamviewer.com and download the programme.This I suggest is the quickest and most efficiant way of getting you up and running.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Welcome aboard Miklad.

After a few teething problems we finally got you up and running....well keith and mark did
Thank you to them both for their asistance