Mouse calibration

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Mouse calibration

Post by deraltefritz »

First of all, well done with the mouse handler. It feels much better now, controlling both slow and fast shots.
However, it wouldn't be me if I didn't have something to complain about. So here goes:

The auto-calibration in the beginning sort of surprised me, and even more that my previous stored mouse settings were gone.
Speeds were decreased (in terms of vp4 settings), but the stroke itself is faster than it was before. I don't care at this moment, will just take a bit of time to get used to it. The benefits (including the increased backstroke) are more than appreciated.
But I would really not like to see future patches change the relation between physical speed of my mouse and speed of the virtual cue. The speed of the stroke should stay constant with regard to my mouse moving. Otherwise, it requires re-training muscle memory in order to get a feel for the shots every time, which is tedious and costs valuable practice time, which cannot be invested in other parts of the game.

Anyway, great update, keep them coming.