Free ball problem in 8-ball pub world rules

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Free ball problem in 8-ball pub world rules

Post by Nam[BE] »

Here's another one.
Eight ball pub world rules. I play the yellow balls. The CO scratches and I have thus BIH. From the place where the game places the cue ball in wait of me choosing where to place that cue ball I'm supposed to have in hand, I happen to be partially snookered on all my colours and he so awards me a free ball. But of course, no free ball can be awarded if I move the cue ball on another place, coz I see at least one ball fully if I put the white along the cushion. I choose free ball and nominate it. I then move the cue ball to a place where I'm actually not snookered, as explained before, and I pot the designated free ball and go on with two visits. That shouldn't happen. I should not be able to play a free ball from a place which doesn't give me the right to do so.
:manure:
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: Free ball problem in 8-ball pub world rules

Post by zwylle »

Nice one!
Banger

Re: Free ball problem in 8-ball pub world rules

Post by Nam[BE] »

That occurs not too often and it's really easy to obey the rule if you don't want to cheat.
But it touches another topic on this forum about the impossibility to ask the ref if there's a total snooker, and in this case a partial snooker on all yellows. As i have BIH, i have the chance IRL to put the cue ball on the table where I want behind the balk line to see if a shot is possible, and then ask the ref if there's a partial snooker on all colours. I could even take it back in hand and try another place and ask the ref again.
Anyway, that's for VP5 I assume :) The game is totally playable that way, and it won't bother for online, between gentle(wo)men that is :)
:manure: