VP4 Disappearing Cue

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

sigsky
Bouncer
Bouncer

VP4 Disappearing Cue

Post by sigsky »

Trying out pro tour career mode (normal). Half way through my first match frame all of a sudden when it is my turn there is no cue. It's gone. Holding down s key and moving mouse only changes view angle of table, i.e. does not cause cue ball to be struck. If I put career on hold and reload, the cue is back but when it is again my turn the cue is gone again! Oh, this is a VP4 issue.

Just went back to resume hustler career and its doing it here also. Even if I start a new career.

Update: I now have uninstalled VP4 and reinstalled from the original file I downloaded. I did not get asked for my key and it seems to have retained all my settings from before I uninstalled. The above problem still persists. I'm out of things to try.

Fixed: Apparently I had camera aiming setting such that I had to press "a" to aim. I had turned the prompts off so I didn't know to do this. I'm not sure why you would want to have to press 'a' before every shot but each to his own. #-o
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Re: VP4 Disappearing Cue

Post by AlinVille »

Yeah have to press 'A'.

I think that's a nice camera option to have, some might prefer having a quick general view of the table before taking the shot. I'm personally using overhead view for that, but still it's a good implementation.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Re: VP4 Disappearing Cue

Post by vpeer »

That is the mode where you are standing over the shot aiming with your body, pressing A puts you down on the shot with the cue. This is a more natural way to aim. If you want the old VP3 way, Settings/Camera/Aiming, set to Last Distance.