Suggestions for improving VP4

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

rightoncuestick
Wannabe
Wannabe

Suggestions for improving VP4

Post by rightoncuestick »

Probably too late because it looks like they have VP4 all sewn up and just finalizing. But two big gripes I've had with VP3 I hope will be taken care of are:

1.) In VP3, no way to replay a shot if it's the winning 'game over' shot. You get the game over screen that tells who won the game but then it's all over. If you shot one of the most amazing shots in your life to win the game, then why should you not be able to replay it? If it was the first shot in the game or even the second to the last shot, you could replay it over and over, but not if it's the game winner!!

2.) Background music!! The big problem with VP3 was that it had preset music built in and tough **** if you didn't like it!! You either played with no music or you listened to the lame repertoire that someone else at the VP3 developer studios thought you should like, like it or not. Why not have it so we can put in our own Mp3s and listen to whatever we want to? This is the year 2012, not 1990 when software was in it's infancy. I remember VP2 or some old version that had build in music that you could not change but at least it was a mixture of palatable rock and pop that wasn't too bad. I don't know what happened to VP3 but whoever decided on the music really had bad taste.

Of course it's possible they already took care of these two concerns I have. But one thing is a fact here. There is nobody, not one single VP fan that would complain or not like it if they implemented my two suggestions!! Guarantee ya that one..
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for improving VP4

Post by 9balldotcom »

rightoncuestick wrote:Probably too late because it looks like they have VP4 all sewn up and just finalizing. But two big gripes I've had with VP3 I hope will be taken care of are:

1.) In VP3, no way to replay a shot if it's the winning 'game over' shot. You get the game over screen that tells who won the game but then it's all over. If you shot one of the most amazing shots in your life to win the game, then why should you not be able to replay it? If it was the first shot in the game or even the second to the last shot, you could replay it over and over, but not if it's the game winner!!

2.) Background music!! The big problem with VP3 was that it had preset music built in and tough **** if you didn't like it!! You either played with no music or you listened to the lame repertoire that someone else at the VP3 developer studios thought you should like, like it or not. Why not have it so we can put in our own Mp3s and listen to whatever we want to? This is the year 2012, not 1990 when software was in it's infancy. I remember VP2 or some old version that had build in music that you could not change but at least it was a mixture of palatable rock and pop that wasn't too bad. I don't know what happened to VP3 but whoever decided on the music really had bad taste.

Of course it's possible they already took care of these two concerns I have. But one thing is a fact here. There is nobody, not one single VP fan that would complain or not like it if they implemented my two suggestions!! Guarantee ya that one..
Steve Chaplin isnt available for a couple of weeks so ill try and answer from what i know about the game.

1 There is a full match record feature i beleive,that you can watch the playback of your match as well as a replay feature as you got in vp3.
2. Steves suggestion like others as regards sound track is simply turn off the music and listen to your own stuff...dont think it was worth focussing on mp3 stuff,his time was better spent getting game finished although you cant rule out what might be added in a later update to the game.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Post by AlinVille »

Settings - Sound. Turning off music is the first thing I do after any Vp3 reinstall...

The first suggestion is good but yes I believe they implemented the ability to record full matches.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Is nt that the same as turning off the music and listening to your own music? #-o