Which Country Is Better At VP3; UK or USA?

General discussion for anything related to the Virtual Pool 3 DL game play including Career, Tournaments, Computer Opponents, Trick Shots, and Quick Play.

Moderator: 9balldotcom

DDRickyDD
Wannabe
Wannabe

Which Country Is Better At VP3; UK or USA?

Post by DDRickyDD »

Just out of curiosity which country historically has the better players at Virtual Pool 3?
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Re: Which Country Is Better At VP3; UK or USA?

Post by AlinVille »

Judging by the number of world championships each country has won, that would have to be UK.

Check this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Pool_3#cite_ref-5
Bagpuss
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Bagpuss »

The Americans believe they are the best and aren't afraid to say it.
The Brits are the best but don't mention it for fear of upsetting someone.

I do often wonder why us Limeys do well despite the lower profile of pool in the UK and the relatively small population. A sound grounding in snooker is obviously a plus and I guess it's another pub game, so we're bound to be proficient in it.

Anyway, the weather's turned out nice again...

Bagpuss
DDRickyDD
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by DDRickyDD »

Bagpuss wrote:The Americans believe they are the best and aren't afraid to say it.
The Brits are the best but don't mention it for fear of upsetting someone.

I do often wonder why us Limeys do well despite the lower profile of pool in the UK and the relatively small population. A sound grounding in snooker is obviously a plus and I guess it's another pub game, so we're bound to be proficient in it.

Anyway, the weather's turned out nice again...

Bagpuss
I always thought the Americans were much better at Pool (9-Ball) but UK players were better at Snooker because the Americans don't like Snooker.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

The last 10 VP3 8 ball or 9 ball tourneys were all won by US players.

The last 20 tourneys total, including snooker, were won:
- 11 by US players
- 7 by UK players (1 of them lives in the US)
- 2 by a spanish player

This is just a point in time. In the early years of VP3 the US was dominating the game, then for many years Europe.
Wannabe

Post by interchangex »

Those measures really can't answer the question. They only go by the winner and, obviously, a lot of jam-up players aren't entering the tournaments.

Someday I want to do a mosconi cup of VP3. It would be excellent if we could manage to do scotch doubles with it. I guess we could do something like that with turn-passing.
niksana951
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by niksana951 »

zwylle wrote:The last 10 VP3 8 ball or 9 ball tourneys were all won by swedish players.

The last 20 tourneys total, including snooker, were won:
- 11 by romanian players
- 7 by bulgarian players (1 of them lives in a hole)
- 2 by a swedish player
This is just a point in time. In the early years of VP3 Bulgaria was dominating the game, then for many years Romania.
lol
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

niksana951 wrote: I don't know how to quote properly.
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

interchangex wrote:Those measures really can't answer the question. They only go by the winner and, obviously, a lot of jam-up players aren't entering the tournaments.

Someday I want to do a mosconi cup of VP3. It would be excellent if we could manage to do scotch doubles with it. I guess we could do something like that with turn-passing.
We used to have Mosconi Cups and they got discontinued, partially because we don't have enough US players to join.
There also was some lack in sportsmenship in the last one, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, that spoiled it for many.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Mosconi Cup can be revived on vp4 as itll be a lot easier to deal with and administer suitable penalties for idiots on the US team (ie Stub) that dont behave and also any European idiots as as well.
Thats one of the best things about vp4 being on its own server and the lobby being looked after.

My concern would be that the US would at this moment struggle to get a 3 man/woman team together...you can have niksana ill swear hes American