The why-are-there-no-tourneys-not-even-on-the-weekend-thread

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

Why are there no tourneys scheduled

There are'nt enough TDs. (How many TDs does it take to push a button?)
9%
The existing TDs "can't be arsed"
14%
The other TDs all quit running tournaments because 9balldotcom quit running them.
9%
Watching England lose in the FIFA World Cup just takes too much out of our TDs.
11%
Watching Stub in the lobby just takes too much out of our TDs.
12%
Replying to silly posts on the forums just takes too much out of our TDs.
7%
Watching Albinario win yet another tourney made them all want to quit.
11%
There are no players to play in tournaments.
11%
There are no players who ask for tournaments.
9%
There's nobody really sucking up to get a TD host a tournament.
9%

Total votes: 57

zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

The why-are-there-no-tourneys-not-even-on-the-weekend-thread

Post by zwylle »

..a special request by 9balldotcom.

I'm sure there are a hundred other reasons.
Banger

Re: The why-are-there-no-tourneys-not-even-on-the-weekend-thread

Post by polomint77 »

You missed one.. The TDs are ill....

:D
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Just to let you know i checked all boxes as I feel on this occasion they are all relevant.
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

The other TDs all quit running tournaments because 9balldotcom quit running them
ey up he's got a ps3 :bootyshake:

You've never knocked it on the head hugh how will you cope.
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

If it turns out that no one wants to run tourneys give me my star back ffs. :hm: ....id be happy to do one or 2 a week to keep things tickin over at least till the next edition is out.
people need to learn "its a game , and a game by definition can be either won or lost .
If you take away the ability to win or lose you are no longer playing a game and your time is not spent challenging your skill over another's instead your time is now worthless and wasted.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

:tongueme:
Yup funny how these wannabe Tds all turn up right about the time zwylle has her usual yearly moan about there not being tourneys....bearing in mind the fact that no bastid wants to enter any and havent done so for the past number of weeks.....or am i just making all this up.?

theres an even bigger apathy at the moment and with the world cup going on and the majority of out potential tourney entrants being european and the fact that the Americans among us dont know what the world cup is unless its about baseball and big girls poncing about playing a thing they call football....then theres not going to be a great demand for tourneys as we have already seen......thats why im not doing any and i got better things to do than set a tourney for 90 minutes and no ones bothered about it.

IN OTHER WORDS.....LEAVE IT
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

9balldotcom wrote::.. and the fact that the Americans among us dont know what the world cup is...
Isn't the World Cup a soccer event hosted by South Africa where USA finished first in their group before England who got second?
It's all over the TV stations here, don't think anyone missed it :)
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

And England vs Germany in last 16... Keep some comments for this match too :P

Just to add my opinion here: usually, I don't go to the lobby if there's no tourney scheduled. I'm not the only one to do that, I guess. So we can't say people don't want tourneys just because noone says he wants one. I understand the point of the TDs who have to plan it a bit earlier and 'block' their evening. But I'm sure there's a way to please both TDs and players. No ? (a forum topic with tourney requests and availabilities, at least once a week, i.e.)
Anyway, I repeat I understand TDs' point in not scheduling tourneys atm.
:manure:
DARKH0RSE
Banger
Banger

Post by DARKH0RSE »

9balldotcom wrote::tongueme:
Yup funny how these wannabe Tds
ha haha your the biggest wannabe on here
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

The last tourney was hosted on June 13th by someone I didn't even know was a TD.
That's 2 weeks ago.
None scheduled yet.

I agree with Nam, I like scheduled tourneys.
If you play well they take some time, and it is nice to know and put that time aside beforehand.
Usually I don't even go online during the regular tourney times if nothing is scheduled.
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I will be scheduling some tourneys in the near future.. I have a lot of things to do at the moment, but once they are sorted out then I will get hosting again, k
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
niksana951
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by niksana951 »

Hmm..

I wonder what did Albinario vote... :-s
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

polomint77 wrote:I will be scheduling some tourneys in the near future.. I have a lot of things to do at the moment, but once they are sorted out then I will get hosting again, k
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by niksana951 »

Hugh and his :bs: as usual. I heard that there was 2 players last night. This game is demolished! Waiting on Vp4 takes too much of our TD's? :hm: :wtf: :lame: :ban: :blabla: :master:
OnePocketSlim
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by OnePocketSlim »

I wonder if it would help to allow players to sign up in advance if we have that capability?

I realize some may "forget" and not show up but those people could be forfeited.

I just think people forget about the tourney when they can only sign up an hour before it starts. Maybe if we give people more time/chances to sign up, we'll have a few more people. People may see a buddy, or other people they know and sign up themselves...the whole thing would have a chance to build on itself more and dare I say...snowball.

Just trying to help. Thanks to Z and whoever else for trying to keep it going.

Shoot pool, not people,
John
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

OnePocketSlim wrote:I wonder if it would help to allow players to sign up in advance if we have that capability?
Thanks for the suggestion!
We did that before (years ago) and a high percentage of players who signed up way in advance wouldn't show.

I think for now it's just important to let people know that there are tournaments on a regular schedule again.
A good way of doing that is just scheduling and running them.
For mine (Saturday afternoon US / evening UK) I reduced the minimum number of players to 4 (myself plus 3 others), so there will be less cancellations.

Hopefully people will get back into it.
Also: Rumors say it will take a while until VP4 is published. We may as well play some more VP3 tourneys while waiting for it.

:strokeit:
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I'm gonna start doing Wednesday and Thursday again as often as I can, :)
DISCLAIMER
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

polomint77 wrote:I'm gonna start doing Wednesday and Thursday again as often as I can, :)
"As often as I can"
-> Also see: "Never"

Related searches: "We will give your issue the attention it deserves."
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

I haven't been spending much time at home which is where my laptop is that runs gsa etc. While away from home I use my netbook which doesn't have gsa on, :p
DISCLAIMER
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

:bs: excuse that is...
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

bs :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
DISCLAIMER