VP3 Integration for IP-IP matches

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

polomint77
Banger
Banger

VP3 Integration for IP-IP matches

Post by polomint77 »

Hi,

Is there a way that I can launch VP3 to automatically connect two players via their IPs, the way that GSA does it. We occassionally have problems with the GSA servers going down, so we all start playing IP-IP.
I am thinking of knocking up something simple that we can all use to join games via IP, something like a game browser but much simpler than GSA..
This would help us during GSA downtime, at least until VP4 appears, :D
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: VP3 Integration for IP-IP matches

Post by polomint77 »

No answers ??????
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
OnePocketWizard
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by OnePocketWizard »

Most of the people I play with use hamachi to play when GSA is acting up. You may want to check it out since it can be used for simulated LAN play for any game. Version 1.0.3.0 is the one we currently use.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Post by polomint77 »

Aha, good idea, I forgot about Hamachi... I used to use it for TW Golf... :)
DISCLAIMER
OnePocketWizard
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by OnePocketWizard »

Ironic, thats exactly what we use it for. Using it for VP3 was just a byproduct of the instability of GSA.