Sunday Snooker frames vote

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

How many frames for Sunday Snooker?

One frame all rounds
No votes
One frame early rounds,then to 2 in the semis and final
31%
Two frames all the way
69%

Total votes: 13

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sunday Snooker frames vote

Post by 9balldotcom »

Vote for frames your choice.
PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO SHAZ WHO WILL RUN SUNDAY SNOOKER FOR YOU
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

Post by M-aster_1989_de »

thx to you, hugh, for all your work you do for the snooker community.
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
M-aster_1989[ger] to play tournaments
Master_1989[TD] to host tournaments
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

The vote will close at 6pm this sunday 8th july, the only reason for the vote is snooker can take a few hours & i have to do a school run early monday morning but if people want it to stay at 2 frames then so be it, thx also to hugh for all his hard work whilst being a t.d., u will be missed :pint: =D>
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

Why not start the tourney an hour earlier?
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

If that could be done it would be good, there was talk before about it but not everyone agreed, pls let me no wot u guys think about starting at 7pm, thx
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

i would agree to that.
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

I prefer that solution than reducing the frames. This tourney is like an institution and the only snooker tourney (but for some rare examples) so it needs settings accordingly. I understand that it's a long lasting tourney, but then I ask: couldn't we establish reserve TD's that would be ready to finish a tourney, but on a more organized basis than today (which is friendship and solidarity but that as well has its limits).
I'd like to also say a word about the cancelled tourneys, not those that are cancelled because there ain't enough players in it, but those that are scheduled long ago and that are cancelled 3-4 hours before it starts. I understand that life is full of unpredictable events, mine is too. But those cancelled tourneys really discourage ppl to get invested in vp3 - gsa life.
So, I come up again with that idea of reserve TD's, not 2 but maybe 7-8 ppl (finding more is hard) who would be "callable" to finish or ensure tourneys that would be cancelled otherwise coz the TD has something to do instead. I speak of solidarity here, at least try....
Understand me all TD's, I know all it takes to be a TD and how much work and time it costs you and there's no questioning on you, but on how we can make it better. 3-4 tourneys a week is not enough. So we need more arms. I often plan to play a tourney when I organize my week or my day, and I am disappointed when at 5 pm I see the tourney disappear from the schedule. I often said to myself at that time that if the TD had called me or whoever could give some time that one day, there would have been a tourney, and ppl would finally come more to tourneys coz they can plan it beforehand (attendance is a problem - I know)
But well, I guess that's another long post, maybe misplaced... But I want to see tourneys with many ppl in them...
Of course I'd be glad to help ensure any plan to better the situation.
:manure:
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

Im glad you're setting a good example, NamfatTitan[LGTD]
:bootyshake:
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

why not set a tourney with 2 tds?

so if one has to go to bed earlier or whatever the other one can finish the tourney.

i can understand you franck when you say you are disappointed of canceled tourneys.

we as tds have to sit together and find a solution which works for everyone.

now i want to thank you, on behalf of all the tds, for your suggestion.
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

Hugh was my back up for snooker if i had to leave for some reason, but i will ask him to put another post up with a vote for the earlier start, thx mat for the suggestion :)
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Post by sharkey9 »

:drunk:
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

Starting earlier is fine by me.
I'm also dissapointed in the lack of tournaments at the moment, as I only play VP3 in tournaments.
However, we always get a lull this time of year when the sun shines and/or people go on holiday etc etc.
In addition to this there has also been a general lack of players for some time (We used to have an average of 3 or 4 tourneys per day!), but there are new players about.
Maybe the new players should speak up, state what they want and see if this once again promotes VP3.
Tattooz
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Tattooz »

M-aster_1989_de wrote:why not set a tourney with 2 tds?

there really is no reason to have 2 tds for one tourny. hosting a tournament is the easiest thing in the world to do and half a person could host all by themselves (and ive seen this)

if a td is going to host a tournament that is going to take a very long time it might be a good idea to arrange a sub td beforehand as a just in case kind of thing.

on the other hand, as tds we ask the players if they cannot finish the tourny that they not sign up. maybe we need to go by the same principal. If u cannot finish the tourny do not host it.

the other option imo is to take the 'i dont give a floss' stance and just go with the flow, if a tourny gets cancelled so be it..... i cant speak for everyone but i do have a life outside of vp3 and sometimes things do come up unexpectedly
Nam[BE]
Banger
Banger

Post by Nam[BE] »

Tattooz wrote:
on the other hand, as tds we ask the players if they cannot finish the tourny that they not sign up. maybe we need to go by the same principal. If u cannot finish the tourny do not host it.

the other option imo is to take the 'i dont give a floss' stance and just go with the flow, if a tourny gets cancelled so be it..... i cant speak for everyone but i do have a life outside of vp3 and sometimes things do come up unexpectedly
IMO the ' I don't give a floss' is part of the problem... And I do also have a life outside vp3, but that doesn't prevent me from meeting my commitments when I commit, communicating when there's a problem etc... That's where the reserve TD should come into play. Otherwise, goodbye tourneys and stuff. Maybe some don't care but I do.. and I am not the only one.
Now I understand that some TDs are TDing for some time now and I too would be committing less with time. That's why we maybe need fresh blood so that the TDs who want to leave oor reduce their committment don't leave the house empty (which is not the case now but what about in 6 months ..??..)

I'd like to add that I am thankful to all TDs and I don't mean anything disrespectful here... I'd just be glad to see tourneys all the place for a long time still...
:manure:
mojoicus
Banger
Banger

Post by mojoicus »

personally id love the leagues back if hosting tournys is a prob now at least theres games to be played ay all times and if the work could be shared between tds then that would be grt all round
Cme on nugget get your finger out mate and finish the tounrny system
PLEASE
And on another note even the vip ladder created loads of matches and that has now died
So if the tournies go vp is doomed
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

M-aster_1989_de wrote:thx to you, hugh, for all your work you do for the snooker community.
Yeah, thanks for everything. :party: