V9BWC 2007

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

V9BWC 2007

Post by 9balldotcom »

A few VP3 players have suggested they would prefer to have seedings implemented into the draw for this years Championship. This can be done but only with the tourney administrators help whom I've asked to assist in this function and as long as he is available up to the draw then I can confirm that seedings will be brought into the tournament. Thank you to Nuggetuk for his assistance.

The sign ups still open on May 12th and will close when 64 players have signed up or when the 16th June is reached.......the draw will take place that evening Saturday 16th June 8pm BST.

I have decided that in order to be placed in the top 16 seedings you must be listed on the 9ball tourney ratings to be placed, but you must also have played at least 30 tournament matches to qualify as well.

The current V9BWC is Lobster Guy who automatically is placed as Number 1 seed, so there are places for 15 others to qualify to be seeded. Remember also you cannot rely on your overall 9ball rating if you haven't played a 9ball tourney in the previous 30 days either. So no matter where you think you should be on the top 16 list...if you don't show in the top 16 places on the 9ball ratings, then you will not be considered as a potential seed.

If you have any queries about this, please ask me in the lobby.

Remember once again you MUST have played in 30 9ball tournament matches to be considered, so this means you have time to improve your current rating position on the 9ball standings
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Ok i think there might be the need to clarify just how the seedings will work and how the draw will work.

As Ive said above from the 9ball ratings once I have worked out who the 16 seeds are they will be set aside and given to NuggetUk(who provided hes around will input those seeds throughout the first round of the draw.)

All the rest of the sign ups will be put into a bowl/hat etc and will be drawn at random.
THE FIRST 16 NAMES FROM THE DRAW WILL BE OPPONENTS FOR THE TOP 16 SEEDS IN THE DRAW.

The remaining names that are drawn will make up the remaining fixtures.

If thats not clear enough please talk to me when you see me.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

Sorry for the delay in the start of the tournament.
Ive had a few problems getting and getting vp3 to run in gsa.
With alot of hlp from Freeball i have that sorted out.

However the main problem is that I cant get a hold of nugget to input seedings for the tourney.

So to prevent any further dealy Im giving it it till wednesday 20th June ll no joy then ill simply do anormal tourney draw without seedings.

Apologies to those that wanted seedings,but we need to get things underway.