Snooker rating 1000 and under

General tournament news, announcements, ideas and suggestions.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, zwylle

9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Snooker rating 1000 and under

Post by 9balldotcom »

This is a good idea in principle to have a tourney for those of us who are not so good at Snooker.

However as was proved last night we had a tournament that started at 8.10 GMT with only 12 sign ups that still took over 5 hours to finish.

The main problem is obvious to me.
Those who are 1000 and under will always take longer to complete a frame and in a match that is best of 3 frames,these matches are taking over an hour to complete.
As a comparison we had a Sunday snooker tourney that had at least 23 players signed up that took over 5 hours and still wasnt finished when i called a halt to it....but that was due to the amount of entries.

So my solution is one of two options

First one is not to have these tourneys at all
Second one is to make them one frame only

Ill give you a rough estimate of the length of the average frame.
In real snooker the average frame takes 20 minutes

In vp3 for the better players a frame can take around 15-20 minutes...but as in real snooker if theres a substantial break,could take as little as 10 or 12 minutes.

Interested to hear opinions from those 1000 and below players to se what they think.
M-aster_1989_de
Hustler
Hustler

Post by M-aster_1989_de »

hugh, the idea wth one frame to win is good, you can make the final best of 3, but other rounds only best of 1, because the <1000 ratings doesnt play so well to complete a frame with a century break.
Oh Well!

best regards
Marc
------
GSA-names:
M-aster_1989[ger] to play tournaments
Master_1989[TD] to host tournaments
Shaz{uk}
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Shaz{uk} »

yeh i think that 1 frame is a good idea & maybe start it before the main tourney as its taking longer would be another option :-k
Tattooz
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Tattooz »

what about having the 1000 and under tourny starting an hour earlier?
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

I think Rich shifted Sunday snooker to an earlier time a while back.but folks didnt like it,it was too early.

Personally im more inclined to make it a one frame match,cos for most of the beginners at snooker its pretty much a lottery anyway each frame.