KELPCOD

Polomints Port Opening Router programme.Find all info here and get advice and info from the man himself.

Moderator: polomint77

KELPCOD

Postby 9balldotcom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:49 pm

As I write this tonight it is Monday 20/1/2014.

We only recently heard that Kelpcod who was one of the longest serving dedicated VP players in our community was gravely ill,

It is with regret and sadness I have to inform the VP community that Kelp passed away on Saturday night with his close family with him.

He was one of the most dedicated VP players around and also a regular tourney participant and loved his VP3.
He will be missed most of all by his regular Snooker and Cowboy buddies in the VP3 lobby.

On behalf of myself Id like to express my condolences to those friends and also to Kelps family at this time........all our thoughts are with you.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KELPCOD

Postby Jake_Blues » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Sorry to hear this. Kelp was always a lot of fun and he will be missed.
Jake_Blues
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Olivsulan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:47 pm

What a BIG loss! He was the funniest player ever, always there to entertain the audience with his great sense of humour and his amazing shots. He was also a talented cook, giving verbose details about his dinners preparations. He loved nature, taking superb pictures of its beauties http://www.flickr.com/photos/kelpcod/show/

All my sympathy to his family.
Olivsulan
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Hanterp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 am

I never played him, but from what I read in the other posts he will be missed by the VP community who know him.
Sad times for his family and I wish them the best.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Postby mart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:59 am

Cowboy was one of my favourite games in VP3 on gamespy. I don't remember him tho unfortunately although I must have played him at some point since there were very few cowboy players around. Did he go by any other name on gamespy?

RIP, condolences to his family
mart
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby crabman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 pm

There are certain people who's personality can uplift those around them . Who can disarm aggression with humor and charm . Who's presence make being human more important than how well you play this game , or how popular one can become . Kelpcod was one of those who keep it real in a virtual world. Cheers to him and all those like him who grace us with their presence and help make playing VP online human .
crabman
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby RTC-UK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:57 am

He'll be missed by lots who knew him, including myself.
RTC-UK

Postby zwylle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:13 pm

So sorry to hear this.
A good friend has gone.
Condolences to Jes and the family.

Kelp you'll be missed!
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Postby poolstudent2 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:04 am

So sad... Such a great funny fish... We'll miss him !
RIP my friend !
poolstudent2
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Agassi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:42 am

He was my virtual friend.
It was always such a pleasure to play with. He respected everyone. He never complained about his life or disease. I was playing him last time in november or december, he said he had some pain in legs (i may be mistaken).
As Oliv said he loved nature.. His pictures are nature magazines worth. He knew so many words so was talking like a poet.
Btw i have screenshots saved with best jokes of him in online play..
titisnook for people, titiGreen for president!
Agassi
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby Olivsulan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Agassi wrote:Btw i have screenshots saved with best jokes of him in online play..

Great! I hope you will share those nuggets.

btw, someone has a screenshot of Kelp's picture in GSA? I miss it (featuring him lighting a paper bag put on his head).
Olivsulan
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby 9balldotcom » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Due to an accident when setting up a Cowboy tourney the other day,I stumbled across something.

I accidently chose LochLomond as the table and Deep Pockets as the venue,when in actual factI meant to set the tourney the other way around.

To my surprise the tourney went ahead and we managed to play the cowboy tourney on the Loch table and it worked out fine.

You still cannot play cowboy on the Loch in a match room or a challenge room so dont waste your time trying.

However to my point.

I have every intention of running a Kelpcod Memorial Cowboy on the Loch Tourney in the not too distant future.
Ill post here with further details soon. I just want to test another Cowboy on the Loch with club pockets to make sure that works ok then it should be good to go.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby polomint77 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:36 pm

9balldotcom wrote:Due to an accident when setting up a Cowboy tourney the other day,I stumbled across something.

I accidently chose LochLomond as the table and Deep Pockets as the venue,when in actual factI meant to set the tourney the other way around.

To my surprise the tourney went ahead and we managed to play the cowboy tourney on the Loch table and it worked out fine.

You still cannot play cowboy on the Loch in a match room or a challenge room so dont waste your time trying.

However to my point.

I have every intention of running a Kelpcod Memorial Cowboy on the Loch Tourney in the not too distant future.
Ill post here with further details soon. I just want to test another Cowboy on the Loch with club pockets to make sure that works ok then it should be good to go.

Very nice, he would be happy with that, :)
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Postby Q-StiX » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:33 pm

that is sad.. i liked kelp! one of the few people i respected. he will be missed. he was 1 of the nicest people i ever knew. i wont forget him. rest in peace, pal
Q-StiX
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby ingmu » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't remember well on everything, but I remembered how often I saw kelpcod was in the VP3 lobby. Sorry to hear this.
ingmu
Hustler
Hustler

Postby djsimon21 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:05 am

I played kelpcod a lot in vp3 and I am really sad about the news. God takes the best people far to early :( Wish his family and friends all the best. RIP mate
djsimon21
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Mico » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:58 am

Ohhhh nooo! Kelp my old friend - i remember very very many and long sessions with kelp.

iam sure , dear kelp , u will be a good angel and sometimes u fly to us in form of a hummingbird ~ and maybe u will fly above me and laugh about german baked buttmuffins.
i loved our crazy talks without linguistic limits and tabus - you teached me a very interesting form of english.
i loved your mr-flicker photos and our exchange about insects (remember the illegal deal of dragonflyphotos)

... its hard to write my dolefulness down in a other language but i think kelp would understand it ~cause he was the greatest cook of linguistic all over the world

iam very shocked und sad ,
i will never forget you kelp
Mico
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby 9balldotcom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:57 am

Kelpcod Memorial Cowboy Tourney on the Loch

Kelpcod was a long time Virtual Pooler.

One of his favourite games was Cowboy played on the Loch table.

We lost Kelpcod earlier this year,so to mark his passing,we hope his friends and others will join us in this commemoration.

This event is scheduled to take place on Saturday 19th April at 10.20 BST,11.20 CET,5.20 East Coast,2.20 Pacific

You can sign up here http://vponline.celeris.com/tournament/view?id=317
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Apollon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:31 am

I knew KelpCod for over a decade...One of the longest VP all timers around. As others said - he was one of the nicest people I've ever met online. Always cheerful, with a great sense of humor and unsurpassed language skills. Truly amazing how he never mentioned being sick even once, throughout the years and always appeared to be in good spirits. Why do bad things always happen to best people? :-k I've enjoyed our snooker matches and conversations immensely throughout the years and I'm very sad to hear this terrible news. My sincere condolences and best wishes go to your family, I'm sure you were loved and will be remembered. RIP, old friend...
*You'll never get a second chance to make a good first impression

*War doesn't determine who is right, but who is left...

*There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't
Apollon
Hustler
Hustler

Return to Polo's Router Help