SUGGESTIONS FOR VP4 ONLINE.

Ideas or questions on a new tournament system.

Moderator: Nugget

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR VP4 ONLINE.

Postby HertogJan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:44 am

_Being able to enter the tabel setup after you created a room to be able to change the setup, like, number of players, time clock, match to challenge or vise versa, unchecking the PW after some practice instead of having to leave and create a new room.

_ A forum tab to the portal would be nice idd.

_ If there are any differenses in cue sticks, some form of statistics for each would be nice..
_ Being able to test cue's and shafts for a short period before buying would be nice.

Regards,

HJ
HertogJan
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby HertogJan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:04 am

Being able to switch from queing to spectator and back in challenge mode. (Obviously this will be abused by some but we can always set them to ignore).
HertogJan
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby deraltefritz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:03 am

I wonder whether this thread is actually still read by anyone working on VP4, as there hasn't been a reply by Celeris since the second post on page 2 of this thread.

Anyway, now there is extra $V for player referrals ( http://vponline.celeris.com/news/post/22 ).
Nice thing, but I don't need any more $V. Quite the opposite, I'd pay for other players first year subscription, if those players would continue playing vp4 for years. Of course, that's not guaranteed ;-)

I'd also like to spend more for playing VP4. But I have all cues/shafts that I need. And so far I don't really make any noticeable losses when playing tournaments.

So how about something like a "premium" subscription? Pay more than the $10 a year, and receive some nice extras.
Like jumping the queue in challenge rooms (only once per room, so that you can't leave and re-enter after every loss, of course).
Or being able to buy (self-)customized cues, the more fancy stuff you select, the more expensive it gets.
Maybe a few extra sounds, like chalking the cue, or snapping fingers/stomping the cue to appreciate the opponents nice shot (again, so that it can't be abused, at maximum only once per shot, and only while the balls are moving, to not distract the opponent on the preparation of the next shot).
There are probably other ideas. Of course, such "premium features" shouldn't be a disadvantage game-play wise. At the table, kings and peasants should have the same prerequisites.

$10 a year is really a bargain for what you get, and I wouldn't recommend making it any more expensive at this stage for new players.
But I'd easily be willing to pay $50 (or more) a year to support the continuation of this game. After all, if this doesn't earn enough money for Celeris, it will be shutdown, and what then? VP4 offline against Curly? VP3 (three) LAN play? Come on!
There are probably other players who'd be willing to do the same, with a varying amount of $ they can afford.

It's hard to support Celeris financially, unless you go and buy a dozen cues and fill up your cue case. But that doesn't cut it for me, one playing cue+shaft, one break cue, one jump cue and one snooker cue is all I need. And that's about $15-20, from then on it's only $10 a year.
deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Postby 9balldotcom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:48 am

Ive already suggested that to Steve,he may well give you a reply as to why thats not in his businness plan .
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Andreas Binz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:07 am

HertogJan wrote:A forum tab to the portal would be nice idd.

Its a good idea.
Andreas Binz

Postby AlMightyBob » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 am

If you really want to help Celeris then what would help the most is bringing more players in. I rarely see the game mentioned outside of this community and it's a shame. Spread the word on other communities! An extra $40 from a few regulars is nothing compared to hundreds of $10 subscribers. Although there should be something that players can splash out on if they really want to, not affecting gameplay of course. Why stop em?
AlMightyBob
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby HertogJan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am

The option to turn off Jump cue in a games with a red notification when you rightclick mouse on that room or behind 'players name' room.

Turning it off all together in tourney's.
HertogJan
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby R.E.G-Perfectionist » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:23 am

Downloading Content - "Progress Bar"

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but just in case it hasn't would a nice informative feature.
(Long Time VP3 Veteran)
Cecil Bergwin
Perfectionist
R.E.G-Perfectionist
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby HertogJan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi,

I’d like to see a key bind option for Pivot and Parallel English instead of a 'fixed' option like it is now.

People who play pivot English in real life don’t use it to masse/swerve the Q-ball, they (as far s I know) change their shot setup to parallel English simply because sometimes you're so close to the edge of the Q-ball it would be impossible to get good contact.

Regards,

HJ
HertogJan
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby UberS » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Not sure if these suggestions are read or even considered implementing, but I'd like to see more details of a room before joining.
That is, you right click on a room and can see the match length and the rating of the player in this particular game.
UberS
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby deraltefritz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:00 am

UberS wrote:Not sure if these suggestions are read or even considered implementing, but I'd like to see more details of a room before joining.
That is, you right click on a room and can see the match length and the rating of the player in this particular game.

And the exact settings, instead of it just saying custom. I mean it's easy enough to go into a challenge room as spectator to check the settings, leave and join as a player. But it would be nice if we could see them before even going in.
deraltefritz
Banger
Banger

Postby HertogJan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:08 am

Maybe this is already been addressed but I'd like to have the ability to not only ignore ppl's chat but also to be able to disallow entrance to the room I created.
HertogJan
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby bantonorg » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, no doubt I'm not the only one who finds it a bit silly but the logins for VP4 should work for the forum too. That would make for more activity here which can only be a good thing. Had to wait 4 or 5 days to get activated and then read some sillyness today about you must sign up here using the same name as your VP4 account.
bantonorg
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Albinario » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:43 am

Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Postby 9balldotcom » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:23 am

There is no sillyness at all about suggesting people to sign up to the forum with their vp4 nickname.

Ill explain.When activating people's accounts its a lot simpler when i see someone's name i recognise...thats the first reason.
The more important reason is I have to clean this forum of crap and bots that leak through the forums defences and recognising geniune humans from bots is handy from administration reasons.

So its a simple bit of advice that people use their vp4 names .Whether you do it or not is your choice but there is no automatic registration to this forum to prevent the above happening.

The other reason people sometimes have to wait for activation is that Im busy working now and Steve is very busy with the game,so some appreciation and understanding and maybe a little patience would also be appreciated from time to time.

If anyone's registration to the forum does take a little while we apologise to them.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New Tournament System