ADMIN MESSAGE

Ideas or questions on a new tournament system.

Moderator: Nugget

ADMIN MESSAGE

Postby 9balldotcom » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:50 am

You may recently have noticed that we are getting a few non Virtual Pool new members to the forum usually posting dumb comments and always posting links to outside businesses in their signatures.

These LIVE BOTS I have been removing/deactivatiing their accounts.

I have also deactivated the signature option for the time being as this is where they are usually posting their non Virtual Pool advertising links.

Im awaiting instructions from Celeris on this matter so signatures will remain inactive for the time being.

Perhaps more stringent action may need to be taken in limiting forum features till we solve this issue.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ADMIN MESSAGE

Postby 9balldotcom » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 pm

As a result of persistent posting by BOTS the next step in limiting their activity is now in force.
As of now you cannot post links to external websites etc or use the url function on posts.

We will see if this will stop the flow for the time being and it will remain in force till further notice or Celeris inform me otherwise.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AlinVille » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 am

o

www.test.com

Nice.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Postby 9balldotcom » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:13 pm

We have now gone 3 days without BOT axtivity as a result of prevention of posting urls.
This seems to have made them lose interest for now but the url prevention will remain in place.

Anyone wishing to post a link can do so,however obviously all you can do is copy and paste it into your browser for the time being.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Albinario » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:46 am

Why'd you wanna stop them? Those boys are the only thing keeping this forum alive.
Albinario
V8BWC 2006 VCWC 2007 VWSC 2008/2010

Postby AlinVille » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Ban Albinario for encouraging fraudulent activities.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Postby mojoe59 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:46 pm

I have been having trouble getting into VP3 online to play. Not sure where to go or who to speak with to resolve my problems. Is there a website I can go to that might help me get back to shooting pool online. Thanks.
mojoe59
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby 9balldotcom » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Give more details of your problems so you can get the correct advice.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Raman11 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 am

Admin you are absolutely right. But the signature is the option where we can express our self and not a spamming one area in the forum. The member who post the link in the post or in the thread must be banned not the person who place link in the signature. Or you must disable the signature option from the forum.
Raman11
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Hanterp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:46 am

Is there no topic on the website forum of phpBB about these bots?
Normally these community-sites either have patches or even upgrades of the phpBB-board, fixing the problem.
Hanterp
Banger
Banger

Postby 9balldotcom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:25 pm

I have re introduced posting of links onto the forum as well as signatures.

I also noticed that there were two inappropriate signatures in two peoples profiles who shall remain nameless.

I have removed those signatures.

By inappropriate I mean they were both offensive.

How do I determine offensive?
By being in the breach of my definition of offensive and also these terms and conditions

By accessing “Celeris Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Celeris Forums”, “http://www.celeris.com/forum”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Celeris Forums”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Celeris Forums” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Celeris Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Celeris Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Celeris Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

So any inappropriate links to external sites and any offensive signatures will be deleted.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 9balldotcom » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:38 am

Links and signature links in posts have been disabled again.

I been a few days away and the place was full of our uninvited friends again.

Lets see how they do without the links option again.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to New Tournament System