Why do Celeris think it's ok to charge $21... for a patch?!

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

rrzeek
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Why do Celeris think it's ok to charge $21... for a patc

Post by rrzeek »

There is another good thing to come from all this. Celeris now have been updating the patches (which are free) and are continuing to do so. So eventually all those little 3099 bugs and some new ones 'should' be ironed out as we get new patches.[/quote]

There should not have been bugs in VP3 before being released! The bugs in the Curly version are not so rare/ Stu is right, :blah5: , there should have not been a charge for the same game. More rooms, clearity, color, games, etc could have been added.

zeek
Sophisticated Beggar
hall Owner
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

rrzeek wrote:
Sophisticated Beggar wrote:There is another good thing to come from all this. Celeris now have been updating the patches (which are free) and are continuing to do so. So eventually all those little 3099 bugs and some new ones 'should' be ironed out as we get new patches.
There should not have been bugs in VP3 before being released! The bugs in the Curly version are not so rare/ Stu is right, :blah5: , there should have not been a charge for the same game. More rooms, clearity, color, games, etc could have been added.

zeek
I'm bored of this topic, especially as almost everything has been covered numerous times. We know all software (including the massive FPS, O/S systems) all need patches and updates and they usually are supplied free of charge. However not after nearley 6 years and made by a different develpment company !!. The Curley version was released after Interplay washed thier hands of VP3, giving it no support and even taking the 3099 patch of thier server. Celeris made a deal, found a new publisher then released a product that was 3099 compatible.
So initially there was no need to buy it unless you wanted to. The Curley version had some upgrades etc like the portrait pictures of VP3 players as AI players in the game.

Then we all found out about the major ghostball flaw and it was talked about at lengh what would be the best solution. Some said just play in IP to IP mode to be certain of no cheaters.

At this point Celeris where releasing VP3 on other platforms.
They decided to fix this ghostball issue for us and a few other bugs etc and it was offered to us (Curley users, since Jeanette Lee was made by Interplay) for FREE via download for a limited time. I think this had pissed some off since they had to pay for it.

I'm really getting bored of this now.

So, looking back, we could still play the 3099 version and some do.
Or, we could have upgraded and looked forward to more and more bug fixes and developments.

No stop whinging, moaning etc, keep your hands in your pockets and play 3099, then goto the VP3 Gold thread and put down some constructive critism and/or ideas.

Tone

Whatever happened to Interplay? Anyone know?
rrzeek
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by rrzeek »

Six years? Wow, bro! It seems more like 3. perhaps 4. Have you've always played VP Tone? I also began on VP (DOS) and kali, I''ve been gone for a few; maried, divorced and maried again :3some: . Seriously when VP3 was released the bugs made it a joke and the patches did little. Everyone freaked out about cheats when someone ran a table. My qualm is simple. Why did they not add a few more games, a few more rooms, and call it VP4.

Question: How do you save shots that have bugs and send it to celris for reporting? I've seen too many

zeek
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

rrzeek wrote: Question: How do you save shots that have bugs and send it to celris for reporting? I've seen too many
You can only save shots before you shoot 'em.
That means you can't save bugs that occur online, you have to re-create the shot offline / in trickshot mode.
That's a little annoying with intermittend bugs.

To save shots just hit CTRL S and it will ask you for a name.

Please only send shots to Celeris created with the current patch of VP3DL.
You find the saved file in ...Celeris\Virtual Pool 3 DL\vpfiles\user
hall Owner

Post by Sophisticated Beggar »

rrzeek wrote:Six years? Wow, bro! It seems more like 3. perhaps 4. Have you've always played VP Tone? I also began on VP (DOS) and kali, I''ve been gone for a few; maried, divorced and maried again :3some: . Seriously when VP3 was released the bugs made it a joke and the patches did little. Everyone freaked out about cheats when someone ran a table. My qualm is simple. Why did they not add a few more games, a few more rooms, and call it VP4.

Question: How do you save shots that have bugs and send it to celris for reporting? I've seen too many

zeek
I started off-line when VP2 came out. I own VP and obviousley VP3. I was fortunate to start playing on-line whilst everyone was using 3099. Missing out on the withdrawn patches etc.
I cannot say why they didn't (where 'they' is Interplay') didn't make a VP4 with all the add-ons we want.
However, now that Celeris are in charge, they do seem to be moving in the right direction, hence VP3 Gold.

I installed VP2 again the other day for a laugh, and it was... a laugh !
wtf

Post by wtf »

not quite sure how "progesterone level in pregnancy" and "lortab picture" relates to vp but I AM sure that your topic will get deleted before it gets moved, you fargin' tool!