Random crashes on startup

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Skybird
Wannabe
Wannabe

Random crashes on startup

Post by Skybird »

I am unhappy to report that since today the game also no longer reliably starts when clicking the icon, instead produces "the game is no longer functional error" message (translated from the German). This was never an issue before the update. On average I now need three attempts to restart, but I also have it starting immediately - or after the 5th attempt.

The off-centre position of the cuetip when taking over fro m the CO, is one thing. This issue now is a very different - and a major one.

Not happy anymore. :hm: Give me back the version before the recent update.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: Random crashes on startup

Post by zwylle »

There will be an update shortly that hopefully fixes the issues.
In the meantime it may be better if you go back to the previous version:
http://www.celeris.com/ftp/Virtual%20Po ... .1.0.5.exe
Wannabe

Post by Skybird »

Ah, very good, I will download that tomorrow, its 0230 over here. Those crashes really messed up my perfect Windows reliability index history!
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

There's a public beta test for 4112, that addresses crashes occuring with 4111.

The test is a full version and requires and uninstall/reinstall of VP4.
There is no guarantee it will work but if 4111 is unplayable for you, you may want to give it a try.

This is what is fixed:

Crash for Quick Play
Crash for Avast AV
Shooting with mouse button
Delay in auto-zoom
Auto aim snooker phase 2

http://www.celeris.com/ftp/Virtual%20Po ... .1.1.2.exe
Wannabe

Post by Skybird »

Thanks, but I just reinstalled the olderversion, and my random startup crashes are gone. The things listed, did not effect me, and if they did, I did not notice it. My security is not Avast, but Avira Internet Security 2012 (payware version), MBAM, Sandboxie and Opera.

Happy again! :occasion7:
Skybird
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post by Skybird »

Only want to say that since full new installation of 1.1.3 this morning (no updating), I had no CTD anymore when having started the game 4 times so far. Seems to be fine now (longer observation time still needed, of course).

=D>