Problem Installing Patch

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

HeadHunter
Wannabe
Wannabe

Problem Installing Patch

Post by HeadHunter »

Hello,

I have been having problems installing the 4.1.1.1 patch, whether manually or via the in game updater. The error I am getting is "Error applying patch to D:\Config.Msi\PT34DF.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor." I have the choice of Retry, Ignore, Cancel. Retry gets me nowhere, Ignore goes through and the patch appears to have run fine, but the game version is still 4.1.0.5. Cancel, well, cancels it. I have tried patching a few different times and the filename is not always the same and if I choose ignore I find that it stops with this error on several files.

I have made sure that I have full NTFS permissions on the Config.Msi folder. I am installing using an administrator account. I have disabled my antivirus when running the patch. The Config.Msi folder itself is created when starting the patch, and is removed when the patch terminates so there aren't any old files stuck in there that can conflict.

Out of ideas. Anyone out there have something I haven't thought of yet?

HeadHunter
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: Problem Installing Patch

Post by zwylle »

It's recommended to uninstall 4105 and download and install the full version:
http://www.celeris.com/virtual_pool_4_w ... nload.html

You will keep your settings and profiles.
Wannabe

Post by HeadHunter »

That did the trick. Thanks for the tip! :)

HH
babailiba
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by babailiba »

i have the same problem, downloading the full version of 4111....