Version 4.1.1.1

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Version 4.1.1.1

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

When playing with another human player and "standard distance" option activated on camera options: Set english on human player 1 -> shoot without potting anything -> turn passes to another human player -> the another player has the same amount of english "by default" as the first human player. This didnt happen if "standard distance" was not used.

BTW you could also add "release notes added" into the release notes :P

Oh and. Could that "standard distance" be done so that the player himself could set the distance of "standard distance"? I'd like to use that option but I'd like to have that "standard distance" view more further away.
9balldotcom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Version 4.1.1.1

Post by 9balldotcom »

Patch update info can be found in the little drop down menu on the vp4 support page http://www.celeris.com/celeris_game_sup ... tch-b.html
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Probaply the smallest / most minor bug ever found... here it is: Get your cue lined up with a cushion. Tune your aiming a little bit until you see the shadow of the cue on top of the cushion (suddenly appears, not along the cue movement). Then tune the aiming slightly back to the direction where you were -> the shadow suddenly dissapears, stop here. At this point press S to shoot. When S is pressed the shadow appears and when S released the shadow goes away. Screenshots below. Notice the shadow of the cue on the cushion. Cue is stationary on the same place on both pics.

And another bug that also still occurs in the 4.1.1.1 version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ80mHqi ... e=youtu.be
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

What are your settings in the Camera section when you get this bug in the video?
Does it always happen?
I've had something like this happen before and thought it might be fixed, cause I wasn't able to reproduce although I had saved the shot.
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

zwylle wrote:What are your settings in the Camera section when you get this bug in the video?
Does it always happen?
I've had something like this happen before and thought it might be fixed, cause I wasn't able to reproduce although I had saved the shot.
To me this seems more like game engine problem, not camera setting related. Just shoot the cueball close to another ball (distance of like 2 ball widths or so a little less roughly), then set some bottom english and slowly start rotating your aiming so that the cue starts to go over the another ball. The cue starts to jump like that at some point, easy to reproduce.
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

It probably only occurs with chin on cue on, but there must be additional settings.
I can see a light movement when moving around slowly but nothing as bad as in the video.
It would be very nice if you could share your settings.
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

Here goes... hope it helps. Chin on cue disabled. Just reproduced that scenario again. For some reason, no idea why, the bug seems to occur "easier" when you have the cueball and the other ball near a cushion and your cue going over the cushion. Again, it did happen only whwn some bottom english was set to the cueball. When moved the cuetip position to "stun" the bug didn't occur. Weird. :pottytrain5: :clock: :occasion7: :beer:
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

Yes, now I found it. Thanks!