VP4 bad Ai programming and stutter

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Invertol
Wannabe
Wannabe

VP4 bad Ai programming and stutter

Post by Invertol »

Well first I want to thank Celeris for getting VP4 out!

Bad Ai.
I'm playing 9ball pro tour and the Ai very often gets really frustrating.
It seems to be a constant hunt for the 9ball, even if there is a 1% chance to carom the 9ball they go for it.

If you snooker white 2cm behind for example the 5ball and 3ball are next the Ai makes an incredible jumpshot over the 5ball and hits the 3ball.
The force needed to get white over the 5ball would send the hall owner after me with a cueshaft swinging around my head.

The two examples above is really annoying and takes away a lot of the feeling of "realistic play".

Strange stutter.
If I turn off ingame music and restart the game I get some wierd stuttering, its like playing a online game with high ping or a movie with bad conversion from NTSC to PAL.
It doesn't matter if I turn v-sync on or off but turning the music back on problem gone....strange

Comp: Win7-64, MSI Z68a-GD55, i7 2600k and nV GTX680
sharkey9
VWSC 2007

Re: VP4 bad Ai programming and stutter

Post by sharkey9 »

You forgot those on-purpose misses.
Either leaving you in a perfect snooker or, when at an easy 9ball, when the comp thinks you should win the rack.

Or AI positional play utilising pocket corners, caroms with every other ball on the table, always ending up in perfect positions.

Always putting a smile on my face, forcing me to even try harder...
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Invertol
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: VP4 bad Ai programming and stutter

Post by Invertol »

sharkey9 wrote:You forgot those on-purpose misses.
Either leaving you in a perfect snooker or, when at an easy 9ball, when the comp thinks you should win the rack.

Or AI positional play utilising pocket corners, caroms with every other ball on the table, always ending up in perfect positions.

Always putting a smile on my face, forcing me to even try harder...
Yes I know about them too.
+ if you have two fouls the Ai allways give you an easy shot on the third.

But I can live with that.

These super jumpshots and this ridiculous hunt for the 9ball are really annoying.
If you are a pro player you never go for a carom on the 9ball unless you are 99% certain or else you will get punished and loss of frame.

I would really like to hear Vpeers take on this.