Recording problem and ghost ball

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Davey07-O37
Wannabe
Wannabe

Recording problem and ghost ball

Post by Davey07-O37 »

Hi there. While going for a good break in snooker, I decided to have recording on. Then I play it back and occasionally a shot is completely skipped. Then at the end of the recording, the last shot is skipped too. Quite annoying. Also, when I have ghost ball or any help lines for that matter completely turned off, the ghost ball seems to come back on by itself when I start a new match. Hope there'll be a fix in the next update. Bar a few glitches, VP4 is still the best cue sports simulator out there..Kind regards...Dave... :strokeit: ...
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Re: Recording problem and ghost ball

Post by zwylle »

I assume this happened when playing a career.
The ghost ball is on by default in the Pro Tour and Hustler Career easy settings.
If you turn it off, it's turned back on every time a new match is started.
To get rid of it you could try normal mode, if that's not too tough.

Regards the skipped shots in recordings:
Does this happen with every recording? Do you remember specific situations leading to the skipped shots?
Was this also during career play? Hustler or Pro Tour? If Hustler, was it when playing a match in one of the rooms or in a tournament?
Wannabe

Re: Recording problem and ghost ball

Post by Davey07-O37 »

zwylle wrote:I assume this happened when playing a career.
The ghost ball is on by default in the Pro Tour and Hustler Career easy settings.
If you turn it off, it's turned back on every time a new match is started.
To get rid of it you could try normal mode, if that's not too tough.

Regards the skipped shots in recordings:
Does this happen with every recording? Do you remember specific situations leading to the skipped shots?
Was this also during career play? Hustler or Pro Tour? If Hustler, was it when playing a match in one of the rooms or in a tournament?
I've checked 3 or 4 recorded videos and to be honest, those were from a snooker quick play mode. I do use "z" to skip to next shot when actually playing but not sure if that's messing it up...I'm going to try again without skipping and also I'll analyse when the skip shots occur....Regards...Dave... :groupies: ...

Update:
Checked another recording from snooker quick play and watching a 20 break of mine. Up to the 5th shot, fine, then it skipped the 6th shot. Further on, another small break and the 5th shot was skipped. Then a little later the 2nd shot was skipped. Very strange. Have just tested snooker pro tour mode(only checked 1 frame so far). It skipped once in a frame. Also, I've checked a few racks of pool in pro tour and seems to be OK so far.....Regards...Dave... :strokeit: ...