Snooker issue on break - black gets blocked too often

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Snooker issue on break - black gets blocked too often

Post by AlinVille »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfB5MiV5IQ&hd=1

There must be something wrong with the physics causing the specified red to go into the black pretty much every single time, by using a normal break. This happens very rarely in real (can check YouTube matches) yet here it occurs over 90% of the time, so it has to be a bug? What's truly bad about it, the black gets blocked to at least one of the corner pockets way way too often, as shown in the video above.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Re: Snooker issue on break - black gets blocked too often

Post by vpeer »

I would not consider it a bug. Maybe it will be different with the new rack position.
babailiba
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by babailiba »

抱歉我的英语不行无法用英语表达完整自己的意思,只好用中文了。

我觉得这是个问题,VP4缺少一种“随机失误”机制,也就是说,如果不打滑杆,没有旋转,那么不管力度如何,只要瞄准都可以进球。这实际上是和现实不符的。

现实中,有可能用大力度会造成失误,这是一个随机的事件。就是用同一种杆法,同样的力度,同样的瞄准,人这种生物也不可能精确地重现一样的效果。

那么这个现象如何在游戏里体现?很难完美地实现,但是有一个游戏加入了一个功能能尽可能地贴近现实,至少可以作为例子来借鉴。

这个游戏叫Cue Online,韩国公司开发的一款网络台球游戏。这个游戏加入了一种“属性”的机制,每个人有5项属性,每种属性影响一种击球技能,比如力度大小、旋转大小、力度控制精确度、翘起球杆角度能力、击打控制能力。最后的这项属性“击打控制能力”实际上影响着一项很重要的能力——母球随机的偏移。这个游戏每个击打都可能会随机地有所偏差,旋转越大,力度越大,这个偏差就越大(同时,击打控制能力这项属性提供一个基本系数,属性越低越容易偏差)。另外,这个游戏的旋转也可能出现小量的偏差,也和属性有关。

这个随机偏差就是和现实更贴近,没有这些随机偏差,VP4就永远像个电视游戏,要做到“So realistic it will make your real pool game better!”这句口号就很难。

最后关于VP4我还有一点必须吐糟:击球时的声音真假!
zwylle
Cuemaster
Cuemaster

Post by zwylle »

babailiba wrote:抱歉我的英语不行无法用英语表达完整自己的意思,只好用中文了。

我觉得这是个问题,VP4缺少一种“随机失误”机制,也就是说,如果不打滑杆,没有旋转,那么不管力度如何,只要瞄准都可以进球。这实际上是和现实不符的。

现实中,有可能用大力度会造成失误,这是一个随机的事件。就是用同一种杆法,同样的力度,同样的瞄准,人这种生物也不可能精确地重现一样的效果。

那么这个现象如何在游戏里体现?很难完美地实现,但是有一个游戏加入了一个功能能尽可能地贴近现实,至少可以作为例子来借鉴。

这个游戏叫Cue Online,韩国公司开发的一款网络台球游戏。这个游戏加入了一种“属性”的机制,每个人有5项属性,每种属性影响一种击球技能,比如力度大小、旋转大小、力度控制精确度、翘起球杆角度能力、击打控制能力。最后的这项属性“击打控制能力”实际上影响着一项很重要的能力——母球随机的偏移。这个游戏每个击打都可能会随机地有所偏差,旋转越大,力度越大,这个偏差就越大(同时,击打控制能力这项属性提供一个基本系数,属性越低越容易偏差)。另外,这个游戏的旋转也可能出现小量的偏差,也和属性有关。

这个随机偏差就是和现实更贴近,没有这些随机偏差,VP4就永远像个电视游戏,要做到“So realistic it will make your real pool game better!”这句口号就很难。

最后关于VP4我还有一点必须吐糟:击球时的声音真假!
That's tough to read.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 9balldotcom »

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

"Sorry my English is not English can not express complete their meaning had to use Chinese.

I think this is a problem, VP4 lacks a "random errors" mechanism, that is, if you do not hit a slider, not spinning, then no matter how the intensity, just need to aim to score. This fact and reality.

Reality, it is possible to major efforts to cause mistake, this is a random event. Is to use the same rod, same intensity, the same aim, the human organism can not accurately reproduce the same effect.

This phenomenon is embodied in the game? Difficult to achieve perfectly, but a game added a function can be as close as possible to reality, at least as an example to learn from.

This game called Cue Online, a Korean company to develop a network game of billiards. This game added a "Properties" mechanism, each of the five attributes, each attribute affects a batting skills, such as the intensity of the size, rotation, size, efforts to control the accuracy, cocked club angle, hitting control capabilities. This last attribute "hit control ability" actually affects a very important capability - random offset of the cue ball. Each hit of the game may randomly deviate rotating the greater, the greater the intensity, the greater the deviation (at the same time, hitting the ability to control this property provides a basic factor, the more likely the lower deviation properties) . Further, the rotation of this game may be a small amount of the deviation, and attributes.

Random deviation is closer and the reality, not these random deviations VP4 forever like a TV game, to do "So, realistic it will make your real the pool game better!" Slogan is difficult.

Finally, Another point I must spit VP4 worse: the voice of true and false shots!"
ingmu
Hustler
Hustler

Post by ingmu »

I asked Celeris a similar question by email and got a positive response.
VP4 lacks the randomness, you can always do slow-rolling at long shots.
Celeris wrote:We have looked at putting in table imperfections. It is possible and
we may add that in time. It is not an easy problem to solve.
I do think with the tougher pockets people will care about position
more. Slow rolling balls and leaving difficult shots is going to result
in misses in VP4 that you would not have had in VP3.