LAN! LAN! LAN!

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

BlackJagged
Bouncer
Bouncer

LAN! LAN! LAN!

Post by BlackJagged »

Great compliment to the first batch of fixes! Quite amazing how fast you are addressing our observations of problems.

But please: Cant you consider a change to your policy? You didn't allow LAN-play for the time being, but I guess most die-hard VP players are seeing the same predicament that I see at the moment: VP4 is so much better than VP3 that one wants to play it---but we all love to play online against real people, and both versions are so different that one cant play both without sucking in both. I really dont think implementing a LAN option would really hurt your business model cause it requires more fiddling around than 90 percent of the people on the net are able or willing to do. (My IP-Adress??? What the manure???)

Give us a LAN option for the long, long wait till an online option is implemented into the game and we will be your force of free advertisers.
AlinVille
V9BWC 2007,08

Re: LAN! LAN! LAN!

Post by AlinVille »

Playing offline bores me quite fast. Not just VP but almost any game, so I'm sad to say I'm pretty much done with VP4 for now (already).

LAN would be a godsend at this point... until online comes out. Then a mandatory patch could be released to remove LAN from the game, to avoid hurting the business model. Would this be doable?
Fluke[FIN]
Hustler
Hustler

Post by Fluke[FIN] »

AlinVille wrote:Playing offline bores me quite fast. Not just VP but almost any game, so I'm sad to say I'm pretty much done with VP4 for now (already).

LAN would be a godsend at this point... until online comes out. Then a mandatory patch could be released to remove LAN from the game, to avoid hurting the business model. Would this be doable?
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Post by vpeer »

No, we are not doing lan play. We purposely went to a different model. All lan play is going to do is get a bunch of customer support on how to setup a router and connect through a firewall. It is also probably a month worth or work to do it, which I don't want to do and I'm sure you don't want to push online back another month.