Rule Error in VP4

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

JohnSlingBlade

Rule Error in VP4

Post by JohnSlingBlade »

playing cowboy and straight pool ball spotted on the headstring spot and I had cue ball behing the headstring.. When I shot the ball on the headstring spot it called foul...........that is incorrect its a legal shot. VP3 has it a legal shot, its correct VP4 calls it a foul... Here is the rule on that situation Rule 6.11

6.11 Bad Play from Behind the Head String
When the cue ball is in hand behind the head string, and the first ball the cue ball contacts is also behind the head string, the shot is a foul unless the cue ball crosses the head string before that contact. If such a shot is intentional, it is unsportsmanlike conduct.
The cue ball must either cross the head string or contact a ball in front of or on the head string or the shot is a foul, and the cue ball is in hand for the following player according to the rules of the specific game.

Pay careful attention to the last sentence.. CONTACT a ball IN FRONT of OR "ON THE HEADSTRING". like I said earlier vp3 has it correct.
vpeer
VIP
VIP

Re: Rule Error in VP4

Post by vpeer »

Thanks, will look at that.