Changing name or backing up Pro Tour Career?

Use this forum to chat with the makers of VP3DL, ask guestions, offer suggestions or even just tell them how much you like the game. Post VP3DL bug reports here. Please post any next gen suggestions in the Virtual Pool 3 Nextgen forum.

Moderators: 9balldotcom, vpeer

Concentrator
Hustler
Hustler

Changing name or backing up Pro Tour Career?

Post by Concentrator »

I wrote something random in the name because I wanted to test something, then I completed the first tournament. Now I'm stuck with that name, how do I change it? Start over?
How do I back up the career if I want to re-install the computer or change computer? I couldn't find any save files anywhere.
LarryL

Re: Changing name or backing up Pro Tour Career?

Post by LarryL »

I doubt that you can change the name of your career player. C:\Users\Larry\AppData\Local\Celeris\Virtual Pool 4\vpfiles\profile
This is the path to career files.
polomint77
Banger
Banger

Re: Changing name or backing up Pro Tour Career?

Post by polomint77 »

At the moment you can't change the Career name I think.

For backing up all the files you can try this application I wrote...

http://bit.ly/VP4_Utility_Belt

Hope that helps...

NOTE: If you screw up your files then I am not responsible. I've tested it loads of times, but there is always a possibility of a bug that I have not found......

NOTE 2: I am currently coding the Restore function at the moment. Should not take too long...
DISCLAIMER
All opinions expressed by myself are just that, opinions of *mine*. They are in no way anyone elses.
If you disagree with them, then please feel free to take it up with you local drunkard, hooker, or local drug dealer. Just don’t bother me with it because I couldn’t care less.